Chapter 3

Past midnight, in the hidden and baren outskirts of the city was an acre of land that held a large, and usually empty, warehouse. But tonight the owner was greeted with uninvited visitors that oozed  malicious intent soaked in their greed for 'his' money.

Shouldn't they have a share of what his deceased parents left behind? After all they were related by blood.

The rat and those that took bait littered the floor with resentment deep in their bones. A young man, the leader of this group of hyenas, took his last breath as he saw that demon shoot the last of his supporters.
They were the ones to bring and trap the demon in this building, to threaten him into signing off everything under his name. As insurance they even had people stationed near his sisters so that he wouldn't dare resist.

Everything was going well... that is until the last second. In less than 10 minutes, somehow it turned out like this. He closed his eyes in regret.

A light, unseen by all, softly fell on to the young man, and took his soul.

This was the price of their greed.

"That was the last one."

He sighed as he put down the gun. Since he didn't trust others to do the important dirty work, he took it upon himself to do it. He had sent the rest of his small team to get rid of those lurking near his younger sisters, Ella and Alissa.

"Yeah, just two more bodies to drag out of here. Ugh, my back! Boss, I'm too old do all this by myself now! Please let me bring some helping hands next time."

Well, him and Luis. Of course he had to drag his right hand man with him to the masacre. Luis was more like his bodyguard and secretary. His left hand man handled the financial side of his company.

"Not too many, and make sure to sort through those we can trust with things like this." He gave Luis permission as he took out a handkerchief from his suits breast pocket to wipe his hands. The blood of those dirty people stained his hand.

He sneered as he stared down at them, his so called family. He gave them a chance to run and not turn back after that fight years ago when his parents first died and left him millions in their wills. He had taken care of those that confronted him head on back then, and left alone those that chose to run.

And when they suddenly appeared and started trying to corner his business ventures, he wanted to give them a warning at first. After all they were family to his dear parents. However, they forced his hand tonight. Their dirty hands dared to reach towards his precious younger siblings.

This was the consequence of their choices. Even more laughable, they brought a child unrelated to their family drama and made him the leader. Expecting the young man to actually bring him down. As if that would happen.

Luis dragged the corpses towards the truck and threw them in the back. He then covered the trunk with a large blue cloth, tightening the ropes to keep them in place. They would leave the corpses in hands of someone they knew and did business with in the black market. Might as well make all profit off of them as they possibly could.

There was about five foolish ones that dared to stand at the front and lead this operation against him. The rest that stood in the back and played it semi-safe will be taken care of using the law and legal methods. Letting them live wasn't a mercy in his mind. Since he'll be making their lives a living hell.

Luis opened the driver seats door as he waved over the other man. "Come on, boss, we're done here."

"Alright, let's go." In large strides, his long legs took him towards a parked Nissan. A car belonging to one of the dead ones. He'll have to get rid of it later.  

The blood stained handkerchief fluttered to the ground, the only trace left by that man and the touch of death that took multiple souls just seconds ago.

Perhaps this man and Luis had felt a moment of guilt of some sort, but they got over it abnormally quick. They had a purpose, determination to keep their loved ones safe. The two didn't mind dirtying their hands if for such a reason. They merely protected what was theirs. And for that sole reason, drastic measures were acceptable and appropriate in their minds. But they never indicrimently took a life that didn't carry ill intent towards them first. They had rules and a code to live their lives by. This was their mindset.

One that perhaps the god of this world disagreed with.

In fact, the god of this world was displeased.

The villain had grown too strong, beyond his means of control.

For touching the heavens blessed one, this man will be punished by the almighty.