JUST FINE

Feel free to request!
In which Olivia, the popular girl at school, can't help developing a soft spot for her less popular counterpart Y/N.
A/N - writing this healed my inner high schooler so I hope you enjoy. Also 5500+ words wooooo!

A sad sigh left your lips as you took one last sip from your glass of water and stood up from your spot at the dining table, grabbing your backpack and slinging it over your shoulder, "Alright," you began, causing your family to pause their conver...

A sad sigh left your lips as you took one last sip from your glass of water and stood up from your spot at the dining table, grabbing your backpack and slinging it over your shoulder, "Alright," you began, causing your family to pause their conversation and look up at you, "I should get going now." Your father furrowed his eyebrows and set down his cup of coffee, "Already? Last I checked it wasn't even 7:30." You bit the inside of your cheek as you thought of a lie to tell them, after all it's not like you could tell them that you were meeting up with one of the school's many mean girls so she could copy off your biology homework, "I know, but I like to get there early, enjoy the peace and quiet before everyone gets there, y'know?" Your ten year old brother scoffed and looked up from the scrambled eggs he had been pushing around with his fork, "Yeah right, she's probably going to meet up with her boyfriend!" Your mother said his name warningly but that didn't stop you from picking up your half eaten piece of toast and tossing it at his head, "Shut up and eat your breakfast Michael." Your parents began to reprimand you and your brother began to complain about the butter in his hair so you simply sped towards the front door and yelled out a 'bye,' before slamming it behind you.

After a fifteen or so minute walk you finally arrived at your school. Your heart rate increased just from the sight of the building and you weren't sure if it was simply because it was intimidatingly large or because you knew how cruel the students were behind those walls. You shuddered at the thought of what unknown torture you might happen to endure today, would someone trip you in the hall in front of everyone, or would they dump the contents of your backpack in the toilet and laugh as you tried to fish it out? You shook your head with a sigh and pushed open the wrought iron gates, hoping that everyone would grant you mercy and stick to verbal harassment today. As you made your way across the pristine campus you found yourself missing the old public school you went to before you got a scholarship to the esteemed Rodrigo Institute of Higher Learning. Sure the campus was sort of run down and the school had a pet raccoon named Bubba but hey, you had friends there, and even people who weren't your friends were polite. But now, you were stuck here. You blinked away the tears that were forming in your eyes as you stood before the large wooden doors of the school. For a second you contemplated just turning and running as fast as your legs could carry you, maybe moving to Mexico and starting a new life, but you decided against it and took a deep breath before entering the building.

The first thing you noticed when you entered the school was how empty it was. The halls which were usually filled with students were bare except for the janitor who was busy polishing the many trophies and plaques in the trophy case. You sighed and began to walk down the long hallway, the sound of your shoes clicking against the freshly cleaned tile floor filling your ears. The janitor paused what he was doing as he heard you approaching and sent you a confused look, probably wondering what you were doing there so early. You simply gave him a half smile and an awkward wave before ducking your head and speed walking towards the doors that lead to the courtyard in the middle of the school at the end of the hall. When you finally got there you took a deep breath and peeked through the window of the door. You felt your heart rate quicken at the sight of one of your biggest bullies, Avery Scott, scrolling through her phone at one of the picnic tables. You swore under your breath at the sight of her before pushing the door open, all you could do was hope that you hadn't kept her waiting too long.