Chapter 16: Family calls

A/n: Before reading I wanted to say that Marvel universe is not mine, but this alternate universe that I made is mine.

Tony went back to his room to take a shower and a small nap. Despite having slept for 10 hours. The flying through the portal and all was what made him tired and the thought of dealing with pepper in a few hours again sent shiver down his spine.

Tony was woken up by a soft knock on his door, it was not was he had suspected, the knocking was just loud pounding against the door. Either pepper return and was angry about something or it wasn't pepper at all. "Come in" Tony groan, rolling into his stomach and cover his face with the pillow.

"You decent, Tony?" A male voice questioned. It was easy for Tony to recognize that voice.

"I am ever decent?"

"Nope." Happy answer with a small chuckle as he walked into the room.

"So, what's brings you here?"

"Well, pepper was done with her work so i came with her to see how you were doing" Happy answer. Tony shifted his weight up, laying on his elbows,  asking his scratches and bruises noticeable. "Jesus boss!" Happy exclaimed, seeing the large bruise on his back. "You should put ice on that"

"It'll be gone within a couple of days or so...god I sound like a broken record." Tony turn over to his side, facing happy. "What time is it?"

"2:33, sir"

"2:33! What time did you and pepper come back?"

"They arrived here at 12:40, sir"

"Why didn't you wake me?" Tony asked, slightly angry.

"We told him not to" Happy replied.

"What?" Tony angry quelled, leaving him confused.

"Well, Natasha told us that you went to your room, then JARVIS inform us that you were resting" Happy explained. "We didn't want to wake you. Especially with how you're normally sleeping now: we figured that you would have wanted some rest. Good rest,"

Tony huffed, understanding what he meant. He grunted as he stretched his body, feeling his shoulders and back pop. "So, is everyone in the kitchen still?"

"Yep. You have one hell of a group there, especially that Thor guy, he's freakishly strong"

"Oh, did you shake his hand?"

"It's still sore"

"Well, he's a god, it's given" Tony said as he drag himself off his bed. "Is there food out there?"

"No, there's eggs and bacon in the fridge."

"Prefect, I can have breakfast as lunch" Tony said as he walked out if his room, happy trailing behind him, he walked into the kitchen, and living room that was apart of it, in the living room couch was all the avengers, along with Rhode and pepper. Before Tony's appearance was knowledge, he heard chuckles and snorts.

"—What did Tony say?" A cheerful voice question.

"Stark said 'that's none of you're damn business" someone quoted. Tony stop, standing still, he clear his throat loudly to let people know that he enter the room.

"Well, well, well, look who's awake" Clint said. The rest of the team turns there attention to the genius that enter the room.

"Glad to see you're awake, sleeping beauty" Natasha teased, Clint snorted.

"Yea, yea, yea" Tony repeated as he walked into the kitchen.

"Well—going back to the topic—Tony can cook?" Bruce questioned. Pepper, rhode, and happy smirked. Tony was good at almost anything, especially at technology and science, but the one thing that he was especially good at was, cooking. His mother taught him, and he would always cook for her if she was sick or busy. So, when cooking was brought up, Tony would get excited.