Chapter One

Colton's P.O.V.

I was walking down the hall listening to Do it Now Remember it Later by Sleeping with Sirens. It got me pumped up to tell everyone that I'm gay. So I didn't wait. I yelled at the top of my lungs, 'I'M GAY.' Shane's face went from shock to anger. Him and his group came up to me and beat me up but he stood in the background. I burst into tears and they laughed and went to class. When I sat down, there was a note on my desk that said 'meet me in the hall now.' I got up and left.

There was a girl in the hall. Our conversation:<'You were very brave. I could never do that.''You're lesbian?''Yes.' 'Oh and the only reason I said that was so people knew the truth before I killed myself.' 'oh please don't kill yourself I want to be friends.' 'ohkay meet me at my locker after school.' 'okay.' After that we went back to class.I got to my class and everyone was staring at me. I expected it. What I didn't expect was the teacher to say 'stupid homos, always late. Take a seat faggot.'

I took a seat at the back of the class and put my hood up as the tears flowed freely down my face. I heard people say things like 'gays have feelings too,' and 'look the fag is crying' That's how the rest of the day went. I got out of last block only to be pushed into my locker by a smiling Shane.

I saw a bit of hurt in his eyes, but that quickly subsided as his posse came down the hall. They pushed me up against the wall and punched me in the face, stomach, and chest. By the end, I was on the ground coughing up blood.

Shane got one last kick and walked away. I put my head phones in and turned up 'Knives and Pens' as loud as it could go. I walked home and my mom was waiting for me at the table. She said, 'Son, have a seat.'

I sat down across from her and she said, ' I know it's sudden, but I am getting engaged. His name is Greg,' she said. As she got up to leave she turned around and said, 'Oh and he has a child about your age.

His name is Shane and will be rooming with you until we make room.' 'What?' 'Yes, sorry I didn't tell you sooner, and they are coming over tonight so get your room cleaned.' I start up the steps.

DING DONG!

'Colton, Get that!' 'Ohkay mom.' I got the door to find Shane and his father, Greg, staring at me. 'Oh no, not you,' said Shane. He turned to his dad and said, 'I have to share a room with this faggot.' I turned to go up to my room with tears streaming down my face.