Chapter Fourteen

Piper's Pov
Something that I learned about forks high all the subjects were boring as hell. I know I would be asleep if I could, I think English and Science was the only song that Bella actually enjoyed, she was always paying attention, while I paid enough attention to where I was able to pass and get a decent grade. My eyes flicked away from the little tv screen, feeling Bella was playing with my fingers a bit.

"I hate school, more and more now." I chuckled lowely a bit. School's still taught the same material, Romeo and Juliet, not a love story, think everyone knew that by now. Still very much shown as a love story from a long time ago. Bella chuckled quietly taking a glance at me.

"I suppose English isn't humoring you anymore." I grunted placing my arm over her shoulders a bit to take in her warm, bringing her closer, I could hear Mike was deeply bored as well, shifting here and now.

"More like this topic really...? You know like who wants to live forever after knowing their suppose love died? Though they were young, you do stupid things young." I leaned my head back for a moment to shake out my freshly new curls. Bella looked at me genuinely interested like. The both of us just whispering back and forth. I was more like trying to prepare for Bella's birthday today so I switched the topic.

"So about that party." I whispered to her, she groaned quietly chuckling looking down for a moment.

"Don't remind me.. Alice just won't quit will she?" I took the time to tilt my head from side to side.

"Alice always had a set goal in mind. Parties would be more fun if I could get drunk. I use to get really drunk actually." I trailed off, not noticing how my voice had grown a little too loud after the movie had ended.

"Miss Cullen like to share with the class?" I slightly tensed up, but I then spoke casually feeling all eyes on the both of us.

"The perks of teen drinking and getting drunk-"

________________________
"You know you earned that detention right." I rolled my eyes playfully helping Bella out of the car holding the door open for him, the breeze blowing through my hair like wild.

"Oh whatever he asked me, I just told him." I laughed out shutting the door noticing Bella was smiling shifting around a few times awkwardly before speaking.

"Babe can I take another picture of you?" I lifted an eyebrow with a small grin, but I felt like it would make her feel better, so if course I posed slightly for her, pulling my jacket close, holding her hand to bring her inside.

"Yeah no Alice still can't get me to wear a dress but she is slowly trying." I chuckled lightly leading her upstairs since Alice strictly stated she wasn't done yet. I decided to take Bella into Carlisle large study for a bit, I was leaning against the desk sitting on the edge lost in my own world, listening to her footsteps all over.

"Piper, who are these people in this painting? Is that... Carlisle?" I finally paid attention shaking my head out quickly, pushing myself off the desk, to stand near her.

"That's the Volturi, they sort of our vampires rulers, they make rules like any leaders, but like any leaders if we break them there's punishment. Usual the rule is simple, don't show yourself to humans," I tapped at the painting with a grin.

"That's Aro, then Caius and Marcus, Carlisle lived with them for a little while. The Volturi constantly hounds me to join them." She stared at me for a moment.

"They like rare gifts, and since I can use multiple powers at once." I gestured with my hands. She shared a small laugh with me picking her arms around me, my own gripping at her sides.

"I just always knew something was special about you Piper." I flashed her a casual grin bringing her up closer to me.

"Besides my immortality of course." I joked lowering my head to press a few deep kisses across her lips.

"Bella I can save you from mostly anything." I paused for a moment groaning slightly.

"Except from my very hyper active sister." I let her side go, just in time for Alice to jump out from no where yelping about how it was time, she seemed excited dragging Bella away, I followed closely behind coming down the stairs with her looking at all the decorations. I stuffed one hand in my skinny jeans pocket, my combat boots making contact with the stairs.

Wow everyone even got dressed up.

"Awww Jace look at you, you don't look like a hobo you combed your hair out." He rolled his eyes playfully at me sticking the middle finger out at me. I finally managed to land on the last step. It was a lot all at once around you. Even Alice snapping another picture of us both.

Rosalie stepped forward first, handing her over a little box. "It's a necklace." She said before Bella could even open it.

"Thanks." Bella told her in a quiet tone, I chuckled quietly shaking my head.
Emmett was a little more eager to hand over his gift to Bella. She took the box shaking it confused.

"Already installed it in your truck, a decent sound system for that piece of shit-" I choked quietly a little when Bella grew defensive with light amusement.

"Don't hate the truck." She laughed out. Edward cracked a small grin stepping forward to hand her a box.

"Me and Jace got you something, since you seem to fall a lot on Ice." I chuckled rolling my eyes playfully a bit.

"Yeah she falls everywhere that's her charm." She nudged me playfully from my side making me just keep chuckling at her. I feel moment passed before Esme handed her an envelope.

Now I was curious too.

"You've looked a bit pasty." She teased her. Bella smiled taking it, I could hear a mile away from just a second when Bella's finger for sliced across the paper, hearing her hiss out, muttering that she had a paper cut. I could just sense it. How tense it was in air.

How Jasper had shifted from where he stood next to Alice, it was just a reflects but I didn't think I pushed Bella that hard away from me when Jasper came sprinting at me with his speed, I used all the strength to push him away, it happened very fast, but Alice and Jace managed to grab him quickly.

"Jas shush shush, it's just a little blood.." Alice paused to look back, I felt my body tense up when I turned around to see Bella holding her arm it was soaked with blood, I was in more shock.

I... I did that? The scent of her blood was fresh just like it was a year ago.

"Get Jasper out of here... Piper go help your brother." The sight pained me, it made my skin crawl, my heart to actually feel like it was aching.