Chapter Nine

Piper's Pov
Before I really knew it time was kinda shifting on its own course. I spent more time with Bella adjusting to being around her blood twenty-four-seven, I went to school and kinda continued life like usually. But after some time I kinda wanted Bella to spend time with my very strange but loving family.

So one day, Alice saw that a thunderstorm was rolling around, so it would be the perfect time to play baseball. So why not show her how vampires play baseball. I had pulled up to her house. Dreading this day quite a lot. I knew one day I was gonna have to face meeting her dad Charlie.

I have met him kinda a few times at the hospital with Carlisle but other then that not really I haven't. I shut the door to my car stuffing my hands on my jacket making my way up the driveway, I was right on time I hoped. I was halfway up the stairs when Bella came outside meeting me halfway all her hair pulled into a high ponytail.

She greeted me with a smile and hug before shyly grabbing my hand and tugging me inside her house pulling me with her to follow her inside. Never in my life have I been more nervous than at this very moment.

I gulped but kept my cool holding Bella's hand more entering the kitchen with her. Seeing Charlie was sitting at the table with a few beer cans spread around, cleaning one of his shotguns. Okay, maybe I'm more nervous now.

I used my free hand to tuck away my curls and I focused on Charlie when he looked up at me. "Dad this is Piper Cullen, my girlfriend," Bella explained looking at her dad with a small smile. I gave him a soft smile.

"It's nice to meet you, Charlie," I said quietly. He looked at me in surprise them at Bella chuckling "You're dating Piper? Why didn't you say so, she's the only Cullen who isn't a little strange." Charlie gestured making me relax and let out a small laugh, bashful rubbing at my head a little.

"Well thank you, I promise I won't keep Bella out too long, she's just gonna come play baseball with me and my family." I explained casually, "Bella is gonna play baseball?" Charlie questioned with a small chuckle and I nodded, before kissing the side of her head.

"I'll meet you outside, I gotta start the car, it was nice meeting you, Charlie," I called waving goodbye, I started making my way outside catching one last piece of their conversation.

"You still got that pepper spray I got you right?"

"Dad yes." I chuckled heading out of the house. A lot better then I was expecting.

___________________________
"Since when do vampires play baseball." I took a glance down at Bella readjusting the hat on her head, tucking away strands of her hair. "It's gonna thunderstorm, and it makes it ten times more badass," I explained chuckling, before shutting the door of the Jeep Emmett let me borrow for today.

Scooping up her hand in mine, I took a glance at the large waterfall before bringing Bella with me towards the area "Plus Esme needs an umpire she never fully plays." I giggled still leading the way, still explaining to Bella everything I could before we made it to the clearing where everyone was spread around.

Jace and Edward were practicing, Alice and Jasper were tossing the ball around, while Emmett and Rosalie were playing to figure out who was gonna get the baseball bat, Carlisle was in his own world. Esme had come over quite quickly and pulled Bella away with her leaving me to stretch out a little and pull all my curly hair up into one big bun on top of my head tieing my jacket around myself.

It only took a minute before we all got into our teams and Alice was calling time. I took my spot on the field hearing one large crack of thunder and lightning bolt across the sky.

I watched Alice pitch the ball and right away Rosalie hit the ball right away. As quickly as I could I sprinted out and grab the ball right from under Edward's nose and caught it with my super speed catching it with a small smirk when he shot me a look of playful annoyance.

I threw it just in time for Rosalie to make it to first base getting us a score. "Is Piper faster than Edward?" I heard Bella questioning Esme and I tossed the ball to Jasper who caught it laughing quietly at me.

"Just by a little bit, every day actually, Piper is showing off something more amazing." I totally took that as a compliment and passed by Rosalie who high fived me pulling me into a headlock hug.

I giggled shaking my head. Just like that the game continued with Chase being an ass like always, Edward and me actually having some bonding time and me showing off some of my hot skills. But it all came to an end when Alice was staring in shock before she was screaming out.

"Stop!" I quickly as I could used Edward's power for my own and looked at the Vision she had before I used my speed to rush over to Bella.

"Baby put your hair down now," I ordered to her. She was looking at me with so much confusion but took her hair down her breathing, rough and ragged. "Like that will help I can smell her across the field." Rosalie snapped and I growled in annoyance pulling all of Bella's hair to rest over her shoulders.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have brought you here," I whispered. She was smart she should catch up onto what I meant.

"Just stay close behind me," I whispered scooping up her hand I brought her close to me joining everyone else in line, focusing my attention on the three nomads they made their way into the clearing.