Chapter Nineteen

Piper's Pov
"I'm sorry my young child, but to kill you would to be a waste of amazing power. You have a gift of all gifts that would be much more useful in the Volturi." I wanted to growl out in annoyance. I felt weakened staring into the red eyes of our three leaders.

Like they didn't have a care in the world. They killed so many for breaking the laws. I moved my hand away from Aro's seeing the pitiful look he flashed my way. I blinked away the hardness in my eyes, speaking in a rough tone glancing towards Caius when he continued.

"We can offer you a spot on the guard." He seemed bored, boring those eyes of his into my own. I wanted to scoff out a laugh, and be stuck in a place hidden from the world? Addicted to human blood again? I think not.

"I'll think about it." It was my final world spinning on the edge of my shoe. I walked though the throne room pulling the cloak closed to myself storming out of the throne room.

One thought range in mind. I had to break a damn vampire law if I was going to get any of them to kill me. What a perfect time to be dramatic.

The elevator ride back up was melancholy thinking about how I hurt Bella enough, leaving her with a broken heart drove her to kill herself. It ached my body thinking about that storming passes the secretary desk.

My eyes then scanned across  my skin under the tank top under the cloak. Noon would struck soon. My legs moves on their own like I waa in a trance pushing open the doors the creek under the heavy weight.

I pulled the hood off first shaking out my hair, moving closer to the edge of the stairs. I could feel it the warmth of the sun. Why couldn't we burn in the sun?

I felt a small figure was shoving me roughly, feeling shaking arms and hands grabbing at my neck pushing me further.

"Piper open your eyes. Look it's me get out of the sunlight." My eyes snapped open, my arms quickly grabbing at her sides moving backwards back inside the doors shutting roughly behind us.

My hands trembled cupping at her face pressing my temple across her forehead. She was still shaking aggressively pushing her body on my own.

"Bella? What did I say about being reckless?" I whispered in awe pressing our lips together for a heated melt worthy kiss. I yanked her closer to me hearing her whimper out sliding her arms away from my neck to hold at my face bringing me closer.

I could sense that she needed air, she reluctantly pulled back leaning into my touch. She looked unharmed. A lot paler then usual, like she was exhausted.

"Charlie said.." I tensed up again grabbing at her hands for a moment when she dropped them moving so she could hide behind me. I focused on Felix and Demetri clicking my tongue a few times.

"Felix.. Demetri you can tell Aro I won't be needing your services anymore." Bella peered at me a bit holding at my arms firm
like.

"I'm afraid we must insist Piper." I growled lowly under my breath turning to Bella a little.

"Go enjoy the festival with Alice." I told her rubbing at those hands of hers in a tender manner.

"I want to stay with you." I rubbed at her wrist a couple times, for one could she not be stubborn. I moved my eyes from hers to see Alice messing with her gloves once she also entered removing her glasses.

"Come now boys its a festival." She moves to stand between Bella and me glaring at it two.

"Enough, Aro sent me to see what's taking so long. He wants all four of you now including the human." Jane locked expression with me with ease.

I then urged Bella towards me hugging at her shoulders before just agreeing, Alice squeezed at her arms before we all were following them to the elevator.

I could feel how nervous Bella was and even in my slightest weakened state of not feeding, she would be my priority.

"Their eyes are red." She whispered to me. I nodded my lips forming a thin line. While we both whispered to one another backs to the elevator.

"They feed off humans.. A vile addiction of human blood. I refuse to have ever again." She looked to me squeezing at my arm some more.

"Is it really that addicting?" I nodded a couple times.

"At first it was hard for me and Jasper. When I learned his gift it was like a miracle to be able to calm myself down with the emotions." I pulled the cloak closer to myself through the tank up and skinny jeans. Everyone just seemed to be looking at one another while the awkward elevator music was playing.

I didn't like this at all.