❦︎ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 '4' ☕︎

༄ Schlatt strides back over to his chair, thoroughly soaked. All he wanted at that point was to be dry and to smoke a cigarette. Just as he was about to reach for his bag, one of his co-workers, Ted, came over to say hello.

'Hey, buddy. You look, uh, wet.' Ted greeted, a cheerful look on his face. Schlatt rolled his eyes and grabbed a baby blue towel from his duffel bag. He threw it over his shoulder before replying,

'Yeah, I had to save someone from drowning. It's the only reason is get wet in the fucking first place.' Schlatt complained. Ted giggled and dug his left foot into the sand. 'He was this waiter from Tammy's that served me once. Very clumsy guy.'

Ted smirked and said, 'I saw. That guy was honestly kinda pretty. Lovely hair colour, aye?'

As Ted began to ramble about the beauty that Wilbur held, Schlatt began to dry himself. Listening to that man was like listening to an engine roar. Infuriating and unnecessarily noisy. However, that wasn't the reason the former was so mad.

When Ted looked away, Schlatt took the opportunity to pick up his duffel bag and walk off. Schlatt sighed, now in a bad mood (still unaware of the reason). After taking out his phone and checking the time, he knew he only had thirty more minutes to arrive at his office building. And so, he rushed home, changed into his suit, and got in his car.

❦︎

Schlatt practically fell into his seat, taking a cigarette from the packet and lighting it. A sensation of relief consumed him, washing away his awful mood. Just as he started to calm, his assistant, Minx, burst through his door with a few papers in hand. She said nothing and placed them on his desk.

Schlatt asked, 'And this is?'

'Tommorows schedule. You've got a busy day, mate.' Minx explained, crossing her arms, 'And I need to fooking rant about this girl, oh my God! 'Er name's Cara and she's so gorgeous, like. I bloody 'ate the fact that...'

The businessman couldn't be bothered to endure another rant about love, ordering Minx out of his office in a hurry. She gave him a pissed look before obeying.

The day had tired him so much it was ineffable. Because of this, halfway through signing some papers, he passed out, sleep being his only escape.

❦︎

(Sorry this one's kinda short. My notes seemed longer than they actually were! And maybe, I'll get a double-update out today, but I can't promise anything. 💛)