A New Day, A New Face...es!

I opened my velvet curtains to the slightly dark sky outside, the coldness of my floor sending shivers up my spine as the clock read 4:30 am.

Why was I up this early?

I start my very first day of being a Nurse in Training at the Healing Hearts University, founded by Mrs. Heart, a very diligent nurse of her time with the white hairs to prove it from her portrait in my booklet.
I yawned loudly and walked towards the kitchen, smiling at the thought of the smell of freshly brewed hazelnut coffee.

---------
5:15 am-

At this point, I had slipped on my uniform after brushing my teeth from my breakfast of one egg, a cup of whole wheat cereal, the coffee I had anticipated and a small cup of sliced strawberries. Needless to say, I was pretty full, but just enough to give me a boost for the busy morning.

I brushed back my hair, tying it up in a smooth bun and laced a hairnet over it as the university required, and tied my shoes over my knee high white socks and black slacks. I slung my messanger bag filled with my pencil pouch, new notebooks, small stationary, and my water bottle for the day.
So far, things were pretty great!

I took the local bus to the nearest corner and walked the rest of the way.

I looked down at my watch,
6:20 am.

I picked up my pace slightly. Even if I was early, i still would like to look at the place before running willy nilly in a hopeless loop like i did in highschool. I was a mess when it came to large places but as I neared the university, it looked more like a private school than what I thought was a university. I shrugged it off and walked to the gates.

This was it, the moment I would finally choose a career and make my future! To finally get rid of people who put me down and to step a foot in what my mother used to be.

I smiled, wondering how she would like my studio and looked at the building as the sky turned a nice orange gradient as the velvet black was pushed away.

"A new day, a new me!"
I practically giggled, digging through my bag pouches to find my phone. I stopped mid-way to find something shining from the ground.

The street lights that were on still made the object shine with every step I took, but it wasn't until I bended down that I realised it was a piece of jewelry.

"Hmm... Such a lovely necklace, I wonder who tossed something this nice away... Perhaps it's lost, maybe I'll find the owner after school. I do have to start the day after all. Can't be late!"
I hummed, taking large steps inside the gates before seeing a small group of people in the same attire as I wore, all scattered about the garden, and the tiled floors that was the school.

It was beautiful and the decor was just lovely, bricks usually weren't used in decoration but this place was nicely built between a rustic aesthetic and modern foundations.
I smiled and stood in line as a whistle was blown, making me hurridly clip the necklace around my neck and hide it under my shirt.

"Good morning and welcome to the first day of your new lives."
A slendar woman with grey hair tied in a sleek bun spoke up. She wore a long navy dress with a white apron and hat that symbolized she was a nurse, with what sounded like heels.
"As you know, we here at Healing Hearts always strive to build and make wonderful nurses, with only the best and passionate professors around. So please, all first years, line up to my right and your left. Afterwards, go up the stairs, to your left and down the glass hallway on your right, into the next building for your class. Please, enjoy your stay, learn lots at Healing Hearts, and remember, Even 5 minutes early is 5 minutes late! A person's health is primary, and we are secondary! Have a good day!"