Chapter Seven: Gantu's Confrontation

The next morning, at his ship, Gantu had returned after a long exhausting hunt yesterday, but without any success on finding the illusive Experiment 000. He had been tracking its genetic signature, but to no avail. It has been rather annoying for him not to find anything.

"Seems like I'll have to improve on my hunting tactics if I'm to find this experiment." Gantu said to himself, just as he walked into the main section of his ship, now seeing 625 making another sandwich.

"So, any luck?" 625 asked, not bothering to look back at Gantu as he continued to work on making his many sandwiches.

"No. This experiment is very good at hiding." Gantu replied back. "I'll need another tactic."

"Well, you could always just use a bargaining chip." 625 suggested. "Seems to work almost every time. Oh, wait... no, they don't." He laughed.

Gantu was about to retaliate, but then, the interstellar communications line was calling in, to his annoyance. He knew it was his boss, so he answered it, and on the screen appears Dr. Jacques von Hämsterviel, the alien who hired Gantu to hunt down the experiments for his own personal gain.

Hämsterviel is a short, chubby, rodent-like alien with white fur and red eyes. While Hämsterviel views himself as a hamster, his appearance is more of a cross between a gerbil and a rabbit, he has long ears like the latter with pink innards, buck teeth, a pink nose, and a long tail with bushy brown fur at the tip. Hämsterviel always wears a red cape with a gold "H" brooch attached to it.

"GANTU! Where have you been?" Hämsterviel demanded from the 20ft tall alien

"GANTU! Where have you been?" Hämsterviel demanded from the 20ft tall alien. "I had been calling you but there's been no responding from you!"

"Sorry. I have been tracking down an illusive experiment, but so far, I've been on a cold trail." Gantu informed to his employer. "It's a lot smarter than I give it credit for. But do not fret, I shall capture it-"

"Just ONE? One tiny little experiment got away from you?" Hämsterviel demanded with angry eyes. "You bumbling, ignorant, fish-head! You get that experiment or I'll have you replaced faster than you can capture experiment!" With that, the so-called hamster-like alien ends the call, much to Gantu's frustration.

"Well, talk about a bad start to the day for ya." 625 spoke up, after making a PB&J sandwich.

"I will find this Experiment 000, and Dr. Hämsterviel will pay me handsomely." Gantu declared. "I'll be back soon." With that, he turned on his heel and left.

"There he goes again..." 625 sighed. He then thought about something. "Say, computer. Is there anything about Experiment 000 that I should know?" He asked.

"Experiment 000. Primary function: unknown." The computer informed. "Deoxyribonucleic acid sample detects human DNA combined with arachnid DNA."