Sketching

Kate's P.O.V-

I turned over to Castle, who was sleeping soundly on his side of the bed. Despite waking up earlier than him everyday- I had a very demanding job- I never got to stop a moment and admire his beauty. I was always in too much of a hurry to reach the precinct.

But today, I had taken a leave from all the flurry at the precinct, only to have some quality Caskett time. I blushed as the I thought of that. After all, Caskett did have an very good ring to it.

Even though I had made many plans to wake up late yesterday night, I soon found out that my body clock refused to let me sleep after 8. I groaned and got up, not wanting to disturb Castle, who was now looking like a cute baby in the foetal position he was sleeping in. He looked so cute, I felt like sketching him. And then, I thought, why not?

I shot off the bed, took a quick shower, and went to the maxi mart close by to buy some supplies. Fifteen minutes later, I returned with some charcoal and paper, and set to work to sketch my husband, laughing at the possibility of his sketch turning out right. After all, it was not as if I were a very talented sketcher.

I sat down on the bed, opening a new page on the newly bought sketchbook. I started with smooth, straight strokes, sketching each and every crevice of his face, pausing a moment to admire his full lips, blushing at the thought of the things they did to me, before moving on to draw them.

Two hours, several crushed papers, and innumerable curses later, I sat back to admire my work. It wasn't that great, but at least it resembled Castle a bit, unlike my other sketches, which looked like a cat reproduced with a banana. (Eeew). I looked from my sketch to castle, trying to find similarities, when I noticed that Castle's face was charcoal black. I then remembered that I had brushed off his hair from his face so many times, that half of the charcoal from my hands had coloured his face. Right now, he looked like a racoon( a rather cute one). That was all it took to set me off in peals of laughter.

I was so busy laughing, that I never noticed that he woke up, looking around disorientedly, his guileless eyes settling on me. A look of pure amusement flashed across his face as he took me in his arms, peppering my face and neck with kisses. Slowly, my laughter turned into moans, and I was left bereft when he stopped abruptly to ask me, "so what was so funny that you had to wake me from my peaceful slumber?" One look at his face, and I set off Into fresh peals of laughter.

When I finally calmed down- somewhat- I told him that I had made a sketch of him. A fire of mischief lighted in his eyes when he saw it, and he said" payback time Beckett! Next time I manage to wake up before you, I'll give you a taste of your own medicine! But I still don't understand why you were laughing so much. I mean, the sketch isn't that bad." I just shook my head and said " chill, and go to the washroom, I'll join you for a shower in a few minutes."

He sighed, still confused, and sauntered away to the bathroom. I knew then, that it was just a matter of seconds before he saw the mirror, so I started slowly inching out of the bed, towards my escape. I was halfway out if the room when I heard him shout- "Katherine Houghton Beckett! Why the hell is my face black??!"
*************************************
So, exams are over, and I've gotten my results- I'm in the top ten if my class.
Anyways, I'm tired, and i have my class, bye ppl!
Dont forget to vote and comment our ideas and suggestions for improvement!
Bye!