Ch.1: Strange.

*´`。*゚+ *.✧

sitting in your room and doing absolutely nothing, you layed in your bed, staring at the ceiling. thinking about what awaits you in your new school, you started panicking.

«what am I gonna do? the 3 friends I made with so much effort (not really), are they gonna forget me?», you thought. honestly, that wasn't the thing that made you nervous, but the attention and the stress of going to a place where you know absolutely no one was.

«if that's how it's gonna be, then.. well, okay. I'm not going to back down! yes, that's the spirit!», you thought, while getting up from your bed and going downstairs, to the living room.

your dad was there, watching TV and eating something. you didn't pay much attention to him and just went past, straight to the door. «now is the perfect time for a walk,» you thought.

"dad, I'm going for a walk, okay?" you asked your father.

"yes, just don't be too late, it's getting dark already," he said, still munching some popcorn, as you discovered.

"I won't!".

sliding your feet in your converses, you checked if the phone was still in the pocket of your jacket and headed out.

as your father already said, it was getting dark. the sun was setting, making the sky become orange and sometimes even pink. you liked to watch the sunset, it was calming and absolutely beautiful.

«maybe tomorrow won't be as bad as I thought at first.. I mean, I wanted to start from a blank page for a long time already. finally, I will be myself and do only what I want.»

with your head filled with motivation, you returned from you short walk around the neighborhood. getting ready for bed and preparing everything for tomorrow didn't take long, so you went to sleep not long after that.

~

07:13.

3rd person's POV.

sun's bright rays illuminated the room, making the girl lying on the bed rub her eyes sleepily. «I thought I put an alarm...» she thought, turning around and reaching her arm out to look at the time.

seeing it, she sighed happily. «phew, I'm not late yet.. it would be so embarrassing, coming late on your first day.»

the girl got up making her way towards the bathroom. taking a shower and brushing her teeth didn't take long, so she was already dressing up. the new school's uniform surprisingly looked good on her. she lastly did her hair and grabbing her bag rushed downstairs.

the delicious smell coming from the kitchen made the girl's belly growl, pointing out its hungriness. y/n finally stepped into the kitchen, looking at the table she saw her favourite breakfast there.

"how did you sleep, sweetie?" mom asked. she had an apron around her waist and a warm smile on her lips. "good! thanks for the food, mom!" the girl said excitedly. the woman just smiled at her.

eating up everything on the plate, she looked at the time one more time. «the food was perfect, but I need to head out..».

"mom, did dad leave already?" the teenager asked her mom. usually, her dad drove her to school if he wasn't asked to come to work early. if that happened though, the girl went to her destination by herself.

"yes, his assistant called and said that some patient came early today," the woman said, picking up the plate and putting it in the sink, "you know, the usual."

"yeah, I guess. I gotta go now, mom, if i don't want to be late," the teenage was already putting on her shoes, " bye!".

"have a great day!" although she heard these words frequently, they still warmed her heart.

~

walking down the street towards the new school, the girl intensely thought about something. she was so into her thoughts that she didn't see the man before her, bumping into his chest. feeling herself run into something hard she looked up, her face showing comlete confusion. what was even more disturbing: he didn't stumble an inch! like his legs were glued to the ground. and the way his chest felt like a rock? is he even a human?

"I'm so sorry!" she squealed as soon as her brain registered the surroundings. the person who she happened to bump into was a boy with pink hair and two, supposedly, hair clips on his head. he wore the girl's new school's uniform and his eyes were covered in green glasses.

from the looks of it, the teenage boy wasn't amused in the slightest. honestly, his face didn't show any emotion at all.

"a-are you okay?" seeing the pinkette's dull expression made her panic. he just nodded and continued his way.

«shit, he's from my school.. what a lucky person I'm, huh? well, I hope he doesn't think I'm weird or I'm done for. »

the walk to the school was awkward as they just walked in the same direction, not speaking a word. but that was completely okay, for the both of them. y/n wasn't in the mood to speak and the boy didn't look uncomfortable by the silence. so the girl didn't worry about being rude if the both sides agreed to walk in silence. it was comfortable.

even if she didn't speak though, her head was filled with random thoughts.

«what a nice guy he is! didn't even try to speak, exactly what I needed. now that I look at him closer, he is kind of handsome.. a perfect guy exists?!»

suddenly, the 'perfect guy' started picking up his pace, making the girl look at him in confusion.

«what the fuck?? did he suddenly remember something? or maybe.. diarrhea?».

she shrugged and decided to leave him alone. if he wants to hurry up, cool, let him be.

«I wonder if we're in the same class.. or is he my senior?! that would be even more embarrassing.. although, he looks my age. anyway, I need to get over with this anxiety! this time, I'll try to be more open.»

the rest of the walk to the PK high school's gates was calm. it was time to go in and start a new life.

~

saiki kusuo didn't expect to start the morning like this.
it was supposed to be a simple day of his classmates annoying him and him enjoying his coffee jelly.

the pinkette was utterly confused and that made him feel strange. he always knew what people thought, what they lied about, what really goes through their mind and up until now nothing left him in a constant wonder.

but the girl that he happened to bump into made an exception.

why didn't kusuo prevent the bump? the poor psychic didn't hear her thoughts, so he just wasn't aware she was there.

'she wasn't thinking about anything at that moment and I just zoned out, that's why' was what he told himself, but after the bump, after looking right into her eyes and hearing her speak, still nothing came into his mind, like it usually did.

'is she like Nendou? plain dumb, not thinking about a thing?' was the next option, but the thought crushed too after walking down the street with her. looking at her face from time to time, you could clearly tell that something was going through that brain.

then why?

kusuo was far too bewildered, this was too troublesome for his liking, so he decided to walk away. yeah, just spead up his steps and get the girl out of his sight. hopefully, they won't meet again and he will just eventually forget about this.

oh, if he only knew that the universe wasn't on his side on the matter.

~~~
hey! care to share your thoughts? I welcome any kind of interaction, so don't feel uncomfortable <3