Ch. 4 : Forget it.

*´`。*゚+ *.✧

yes, Reita was sure it was him. after all, who else can have that kind of glare? but the main thing that made the purple head panic was the reason behind his anger. what did he do this time? the poor boy couldn't think of anything.

the look on his face was soon found out by y/n. "hey, are you okay?" she asked carefully. he looked like he saw a ghost. he didn't say any for a while, and when the girl wanted to ask him again he suddenly blurted out:

"what do you mean, of course I'm absolutely okay!" the outburst made the girl open her eyes in surprise.

well then, I guess.." she didn't believe him, obviously, but decided to not ask any further just because she didn't really care. they went on to the front of y/n's classroom door. Toritsuka forgot all about hitting on the girl walking near him because of Saiki's sudden appearance.

Saiki at the same time was far more surprised with his own reaction. of course, he payed no mind to it, thinking that it was a sudden appearance of his powers, which he couldn't control. although, he still decided to stay away from l/n, as the strange things happen only when he's near her.

immediately after the unplanned appearance before Reita, Kusuo teleported to the classroom door, before that checking if there is someone with clairvoyance (A/N: idk what's it called, sorry if I'm wrong TT). right now, he was already sitting at his desk, waiting for the lesson to start and make everyone around his seat go to their places.

"so, we're here now," the purple head said. y/n sighed to herself, as she was begging for the awkward walk to stop. several minutes passed since the strange situation and Toritsuka returned to his normal behaviour, but it was clear the boy was still in his own thoughts.

"yeah, thanks for helping me," the h/c girl smiled. he smiled too. reaching her hand out, y/n was ready to open the door when suddenly Toritsuka stopped her by grabbing her free wrist.

"um, I know this can sound strange, but do you possibly know Saiki Kusuo?" l/n's eyes widened, as it was already the second time someone made that assumption. is this the universe's way to tell her that she needs to get closer to the boy?

"I'm sorry, but we only met today. could I know the reason before your question, though?" Reita shook his head.

"no, it's nothing, I was just asking," the h/c looked down at the boy's arm that was still holding her wrist, stroking her skin with his finger. "oh," he laughed awkwardly, "see you soon then, bye!" he disappeared behind a corner right after blurting that out.

«what a strange boy he is, huh.. anyway, I'm almost late, what kind of excuse can I make up? "there was a problem in the toilet, so I stayed there for 15 minutes"?? gosh.»

at the same time, Kusuo, who heard Toritsuka's thoughts, didn't know what to feel when he didn't hear your thoughts. it was awkward as all he heard was Toritsuka's one-sided blabbering with no other sources of thoughts around. of course, he did know that y/n was there, but that was only visible for him when using clairvoyance. that's why he decided to leave the thoughts out, after all, he needed to be around y/n's company as little as possible.

and also, that's why he didn't hear the question Reita asked. good for him.

~

y/n successfully reached her seat and was currently trying to listen to what the teacher had to say, although it wasn't exactly going well.

«I'm so glad they didn't ask anything about my disappearance. but after that conversation with Toritsuka, Saiki is getting more and more interesting for me. and he's sitting right next to me! what good luck I have, huh?».

y/n secretly glanced at the pink head beside him. he was looking at the teacher and, presumably, listened. he was really handsome, y/n thought. his sharp jawline and neat lips. the only time she looked him in the eyes was when she introduced herself and that was enough to understand that behind the green glasses are beautiful, full of intelligence and something fantastic eyes.

why no one sees that, though? maybe because he's really silent? that explains some things, but only them. the girl's brainstorm was stopped by the teacher, who suddenly started going through the rows of desks, as l/n understood, to see if everyone is listening. that made her finally register what she was talking about.

"we'll be having a project next week. it's the first project this year, so to make it easier for y'all, you'll work in pairs," her heels clicked near y/n, as she passed by her desk, "i will announce each of your partners at the next lesson, and the thyme is written on the board," the teacher was already going up to the front now as she said these words.

"any questions?" she asked. it was silent for a while, until Yumehara decided to lift her arm up.

"yes?".

"why would you tell us about the project now, if it's next week?" the question was something everyone thought about at first, but decided to just let it pass. it seems like not everyone agreed to let a little detail like that slip.

"oh, that's because although you'll work in pairs, you need to prepare a little for the thyme yourself nonetheless," she was already at the front and turned her face to the class, continuing her answer, "this project will be very important for your grade in my class, so I want to help you by telling this beforehand. everyone, be sure to prepare properly to not disappoint your partner in the future, alright?". as she said that, the bell rang and everyone was dismissed.

"waah, I'm so excited for the next week!".

"yes, I'm too! I hope I get paired with a pretty boy though..".

"you can dream, because with Teruhashi in our class ALL the boys, not only the pretty ones, hope to be paired with her."

"that's right! and now the new girl too, it's good that they at least don't know her grades yet!".

"what are you talking about, girls?" the conversation was cut short by Teruhashi, who heard what they were talking about. she smiled sweetly. so sweetly that y/n thought it was obvious the smile was fake. but, apparently, the girls didn't see that. they smiled in return, their eyes squinting in joy.

«what's happening?» was the only thought in the poor h/c girl's head right now. her eye twitched and her mouth opened slightly, in shock. they were annoyed at her a minute ago and now all that is forgotten?

«Teruhashi's doing it again. although the reason is strange: she wants to prove that she's better than y/n by choosing them a boy they can match. why am I even saying that it's strange, though? that's typical Teruhashi behavior.»

Kusuo saw the situation from his sitting position right next to l/n, and the way she was gaping at the happening events was something new. why isn't she smiling like an idiot at Teruhashi, too? instead, she's surprised, it seems?

the interest that sparked in him during the lunch suddenly returned, making Saiki feel a sudden blast of energy. but he didn't do anything to solve it, because it just wasn't like him to be interested in someone.

the thought of getting closer to the girl was still bugging him in the back of his head, though.

~~~

hey! care to share your thoughts? I welcome any kind of interaction, so don't feel uncomfortable <3