Ch.7 : An accident.

*´`。*゚+ *.✧

y/n never thought that a morning could be this joyful. she was not a morning person at all, too, so what what the reason behind her excitement? the answer came to her mind rather quickly: it was the day of the announcement of the pairs for the upcoming group project.

y/n even attached a sticky note onto her desk to remind herself of the necessary preparations she had to do for today to be perfect:

first came making sure to smell nice. smelling nice was one of the most crucial details to be likeable by people – that was what the girl saw every book and article about sociability say. the schoolgirl did exactly that: she sprayed herself with perfume, applying it to her pulse points.

second of all, she needed to pay attention to her accessories and makeup. this was to make sure that she looked tidy and approachable. it is always important to look collected and taken care of.  y/n checked her earrings, necklace and bracelets – they all looked nice and simple, matching each other, nothing too excessive.

the girl then proceeded to glance at the mirror, eyeing her makeup. it was perfect. no swatches anywhere and nothing crazy.

it was time for the last detail: smiling.

smiling was something every article on appochebleness screamed about. it was emphasized how the secret to getting many friends was smiling warmly. so y/n believed this with all her might, practising smiling every chance she got. after transferring here she noticed how everyone seemed kinder than before, so she decided that it was due to her smiling a lot. now she stands by this detail with her life.

the girl then proceeded to smile gently, still looking at herself in the mirror. she tried to make a face that would radiate warmness. just as it was getting better, a knock was heard and the door to the schoolgirl's room swung open.

"are you still not ready, sweetie? you are gonna be late," the girl's mother inquired, looking worried. y/n sighed and nodded.

"i was just about to go, mum. don't worry."

~

right in the front of the school's gates the young girl spotted a line of students. they were all grumbling about something, creating a lot of unnecessary noise. y/n sighed, brushing a stray strand out of her face and standing in line. although she did not understand a thing of what was currently happening, she had no choice but to oblige with the weirdness about to befold.

as the school girl got closer to the starting point of the line, she could finally make out the reason why it formed in the first place. there stood a man with an extremely angry expression, her new PA teacher, who was, apparently, checking everyone’s uniform. y/n was beyond confused, as she never had this kind of thing happen at her past school. despite that, she stood still in the line, feeling a little bored.

the line moved forward and the next student was up for the inspection. as soon as the boy stepped out, the teacher started yelling at him, pointing out various problems about his uniform, even such silly things as the shirt not being tucked into his pants. all the student could do, though, was stand there and nod miserably, until another one appeared out of nowhere. like a trained ninja, the tall and muscular boy tore off the teacher’s clothes.

somehow, all the clothes, besides around his crotch area, disappeared in slow motion.

y/n stared at the absurd situation happening right before her, mouth left open as she couldn’t believe what she just witnessed. as if to prove that it could get even better, the school’s principal appeared out of nowhere and dramatically raised his hand, handling the student in one move by sound a 'chop' that knocked him out. everyone gasped.

that’s when y/n noticed that the PA teacher’s clothes were back to normal again, as good as new. she shook her head and looked once again, not believing her eyes. nothing changed and she chuckled, feeling herself go a little mad. maybe she was seeing things because of the lack of sleep?

as she continued debating her sanity, out of the corner of her eyes she saw a familiar figure pass by. she then looked up and, sure enough, it was no one other than Saiki Kusuo, the boy about whom she thought a little more than needed.

his face was as emotionless as always and he was calmly passing by the line, ignoring both the commotion and the inspection. y/n stared in confusion and blinked a few times before stepping out of the line and going straight through the gates without a second thought. no one stopped her…

as she sighed once again, l/n shook her head and ran up to Saiki.

"hey, Saiki-kun!" she said cheerfully. the boy walking beside her flinched ever so slightly, but did not mutter a word. he was still walking with her, though, and even nodded a little.

"how are you today?" she tried striking a conversation once more, awaiting an answer. the fact that he nodded gave her hope.

Saiki, on the other hand, was trying to calm down from the startle she gave him. he almost teleported to Texas because of her. realising that he really can't hear her thoughts at all made him mad and, at the same time, determined to find out why. that's exactly why he nodded to her statement and didn't try to get away when she approached him.

but to the question that was, seemingly, very easy to answer, he only nodded once again.

«baby steps...» y/n told herself, remembering how he didn't even acknowledge her before.

"that's good, I guess... I... I am excited for the group project we will have today! wonder who will be my partner, though," the girl said, changing the topic to another thing, to which, hopefully, Saiki will have something to say about.

«how could I forget?» ran through Saiki's brain as he heard the girl's words. that's when he knew exactly what he should do to find out her secret.

as y/n awaited his answer, she walked up the stairs absentmindedly. they were now headed to their class. she sighed, thinking about how it's useless to talk by herself like a fool if the other person does not answer.

«that's not a dialogue anymore, if...»  and that's when her thoughts cut off.

the school girl felt herself loose balance and start falling face-first into the hard stairs. her hands flew up to grab something out of instinct, but there was nothing close enough. as y/n was already preparing herself for the collision, she bitterly realised that she was not falling anymore. someone caught her.

y/n felt arms holding her up by her waist from the back and placing her back down on the floor. in her confusion, l/n thought of the first person who could have done it.

«Saiki-kun

his hands still on her waist, the boy stared in shock.

he just heard her. Saiki Kusuo heard y/n l/n's thoughts for the first time.

hey! care to share your thoughts? I welcome any kind of interaction, so don't feel uncomfortable <3