my son (ranboo and dream)

art by MarieODay1 on twitter.

fandom: DreamSMP

main character(s): ranboo and dream

shot: angstshot/fluffshot

TW(?):hinted anxiety attack, memory loss.

ships(?): N/A

Au(?): dad dream au

......ENJOY!

"hey- hey- hey!" 

his eyes opened, his blurred vison broke and he saw dream, his dad. "boo, kiddo are you okay?" dream asked while holding his sons shoulders before pushing him into a hug as ranboo started to cry and hold onto his dad. 

"it hurts.. d-dad.. it hurts." ranboo sobbed as dream only softly nodded and sighed. 

he pushed away and held his  sons shoulders "ranboo.."

"breathe, everything is going to be okay"

ranboo had realized at that moment that yeah, he wasn't fully breathing, he gasped softly at this and panicked. dream only softly breathed. "follow my movements, kiddo."

"dream.." ranboo huffed as he breathed in and out, calming little.

"what's my name, who am i?"

"who are you?"

ranboo tried to look for a word, dream hearing this actually started to worry. "hey-hey, what you on about kiddo? its me, dream; your dad?"

ranboo only paused.

"what's a dad?" 

dream only blinked at this and sighed, pulling out a sort of leather book and a white gel pen. writing a quick ':)' on the cover before opening it and writing a lot of things and handing it to ranboo. "don't forget this book. don't lose it. its your brain, its your memory"

"don't forget..."

    ....

   ..

.

'don't forget', hah. what a stupid word. ranboo; years later was sitting in his panic room; holding the same, half burnt book; he only just found it, buried under sand. "dream... he.." ranboo flipped threw the pages of memories; grasping at the information. "haha." ranboo couldn't help but chuckle. 

"i lost it dad, but i found it again. i know who you are know; but why."

"why did you leave me?"