feelings [🇰🇭🇻🇳] (part one)

i needed to write this since i feel bad for those living in vietnam, plus i hate how the book ended in 11 chapters. have this for now.

also there will be an additional singapore and brunei thing soon so uhh, stay tuned ig

--

"Alright, Cambodia," ASEAN smiled, as he stood up from the desk. "I guess this design is final? Well it does look a lot more prettier."

He looked over at the paper that was placed on the desk. It was the new logo, or the emblem perhaps. Its basically the returned version of the old one, but it actually had more meaning and it looked more color-friendly.

They took the blue, red, yellow and white colors since there were reoccurring colors throughout Southeast Asia. Blue means peace, red means courage, white means purity and yellow means prosperity. The logo itself has changed too, since they expanded the 5 lines into 10, one line representing each member state.

Brunei was actually the one who brought up the idea of the colors a few months back during the argument. Although he was fairly neutral, she was just giving off smart little ideas. Malaysia then agreed with it, and nobody touched that idea afterwards. Cambodia just decided to bring back that one colors suggestion since that's what she remembered during the argument, and she liked that idea.

He glanced at the paper once more until his face shrunk into a grin. He looked at Cambodia, "What do you think would the others think of this?"

Cambodia chuckled. "I know Laos would like this, who knows for the rest though. We did a pretty good job."

The association nodded. "Well, do you want this to happen now, or?"

"Maybe we should get the other's thoughts first? You know, the Maphilindo trio might be against it, who knows for Myanmar since he doesn't have the blue-red-white color scheme as he has a green. Probably next meeting," she sighed, as she started keeping the coloring materials they used in making the flag.

"That seems fair," he pointed out, and then started helping the country fix up the place.

It was already past 11pm, they both already had dinner and both were exhausted by probably the longest day ASEAN had in his entire life. As a few minutes passed by and the desk was already clean, he looked over the country's window and started at the sky for a bit, now lost into his own thoughts.

This was a huge step up for the entire association. It has been 30 years, and this was the first ever time he himself got into a flight, changed something he felt like he needed, and he suddenly had his voice heard to everyone.

This thought made him trace back to when he was in the forest. Where was Vietnam? Surely she did show up when he was in the field earlier, but what about the forest incident? Was she aware of it a few hours ago?

Interrupting his thoughts, the country in the house with him asked, "So, I think I'm going to bed now... Do you want me to set up for you or you don't want to sleep? I could leave my phone with you as well if you want to check on Philip."

The organization looked at the country about 3 meters away from him. He nodded at the statement about her phone, but then he sighed, which switched the mood of the building.

"I don't know if I could sleep tonight."

"Right, but didn't that flight made you exhausted or something? I could just bring midnight snacks or what," Cambodia asked, as she picks up a pillow from the nearby couch. She continued, "Plus, we did work for a few hours. Maybe it made you a little more tired."

He paused for a little, trying to process if he needed anything but decided to say, "I think I'm alright. Thanks for the offer, Cam."

She looked at her boss once more and sighed happily. Before leaving the sight however, she told, "Also, please tell me if Laos busts open my door in the middle of the night, it's extremely normal for me to have him interrupting my evening."

ASEAN chuckled, and then responded, "Will do."

Cambodia smiled, gave a little "goodnight" and headed into her room. The association observed her actions, and as she left, he was left alone with his own thoughts, and the open window.

He sat down on a chair he found nearby, which was actually facing the night sky. Relaxing, he thought. It truly was for him.

He never sleeps at times, basically all organizations do not require sleep. Weirdly for him, he didn't feel tired after that flight. It was also adding to the fact that he hasn't used his wings for 30 years straight made it more unnatural. He should consider flying practice, right? The only person he could remember having wings in his circle are Singapore and the EU. Singapore never really uses his though, as he usually made them disappear. That leaded him to EU, does he even have enough time to hang out with others?

His thoughts were once again interrupted by Cambodia's phone ringing. He looked over the device and picks it up, it was Vietnam.

He looks around for a moment to check if anyone was at the door, but rolled it off. He then picks up the phone and answered. "Vietnam?"

The other line picked up and answered. "Cambodia! Ch đợi- Sir ASEAN?!"

"Vâng," he responded, as he looked through the window again.

"Sorry... What are you doing at Cam's? I know we're technically neighbors but... And her phone," the Vietnamese asked, somehow the other line was a little windy as well.

"It's a long story... It was on your news I believe," he muttered with a low voice. "I just flew."

"Oh right, yeah," she answered, then a sigh came out from the other line. "I guess I do need to discuss..."

"You don't have to do it right now, Nam," he said. "Besides, it's almost 12am, you a should be sleeping by now. Eve-"

"I'm sorry."

ASEAN paused as soon as that sentence was said on the other side. For a moment, he just went completely silent as he went into thoughts. He then responded, "Vietnam, this isn't the place you should say this right now, and it's almost midnight."

"But-"

"Meet me by Thailand's gulf, please," he ordered. "It's better to talk about this over there, despite it being midnight."

Vietnam stuttered, "Uhm... Sure."

The call ended between the two as soon as the country spoke. ASEAN stood up and called out Cambodia's name.

"Yes?" the country responded, opening the wooden door. Luckily the country hasn't actually slept yet, so the response was a little quick.

"I need to go to Vietnam again. Please bring the draft of the flag next meeting," he said, as he adjusted his glasses which somehow survived his flying earlier. He has to do it again.

"What about Philip?"

"Tell him that I will pick him up at 3 in the afternoon tomorrow."

Cambodia nodded. "See you later."

He nodded, and waved as he left the house.