World Evils

In Ozpin's office, the headmaster was looking through reports that were given to the Council. He was becoming concerned as some of the reports stated of 'Falling stars' and 'Flying eyeball creatures at night'.

The other Council members brushed it off as citizens going insane but Ozpin can't. He doesn't know how this was happening, but he knows that it started happening ever since the Terrarian appeared on Remnant. Luckily, the creatures were easy to deal with, especially for the Huntsmen.

He looks out the window while taking a sip from his mug tasting the warm liquid inside and savoring it. The Terrarian's arrival seemed to have caused a chain reaction that led to unknown events.

Even though it has been only a few weeks since he's been on Remnant, and with the Vytal Festival looming in the coming weeks, Ozpin knew Remnant was going to change, for better or for worse.

Deep within the buried subterranean caverns beneath Mountain Glenn, blood-red water flows down into a hole with a pulsating heart, the water making the heart glow a red hue lighting up the dark bloody area slightly. Red spiders and flying creatures roam the former White Fang base.

The heart, along with the many others, can sense life above the territory it resides in. It cannot decide whether or not to rise and infect the creatures on the surface. On one hand, this is not the old world referred to as WL/N and the other alternate versions of that world, but on the other hand, who knows what sort of creatures live above. Could they be stronger than the foe of the disease known as the Terrarian? Or could they be weak and ripe for taking and adding to its vast hivemind?

The Crimson has gotten smarter. It does not infect and consume carelessly anymore, although it is difficult to say if its counterpart is the same. The portal that led the blood into this new world was sudden and unexpected, but the hivemind will take advantage of it and eventually take over the world, more so than the Corruption.

However, when it arrived, it immediately faced opposition. Nightmarish varying animals with bone plating and black fur. The blood thought it was a new creature created by the cancer but the manner and presence of the creatures are only filled with hatred, as opposed to the mix of every negative emotion in existence. The creatures seem to be attracted to such emotions, making it seem similar to the Corruption. As a test, the blood consumed a lupine variant, and in a few days, it appeared blood-red as opposed to pitch-black, still retaining its bone plating but gained spikes the same color as its skin.

Through absorbing the lupine it gained some knowledge of the world it found itself in, learning there were more distinct ones, such as giant elephants to a wyvern deep within the mountain. More information was needed, and thus more tests as well.

The blood would continue such tests, but for now, it must deal with intruders within its hive.

_____

Hate.

Fear.

Resentment.

Rage.

Sadness.

Envy.

Pain.

Corruption.

It enjoyed the swirling mix of disharmony. The sins of thousands felt across and beyond the current territory of the cancer would have made it shiver in pleasure if it had a body. It was going to enjoy this world should it have this much negativity everywhere. Just the amount from this one area was enough to potentially spread out hundreds of miles, possibly even more.

But before the cancer should spread, it needed more corrupted beings. Not many remained after the curing in its former world caused by the dreaded Terrarian. It was dealing with luck when it was able to arrive in this new world, for a portal that seemed to tear through space landed in the last of the Corruption's former territory.