Chapter 2

Mai sat ontop of the astronomy tower under the night sky. Just watching the clouds drift by and the stars twinkle. Her attention was drifted away though at the soft creak of the door opening, her eyes flicked to the side before finally letting her neck and head twist. To find Dumbledore approaching with his normal warm smile.

"Aren't you suppose to be asleep?" She questioned the old man, turning back to the stars as he stopped next to her.

"Yes, But I couldn't help but notice you on the railing of the astronomy tower. So I came to see if you were doing okay." He smiled and watched her out of the corner of his eye.

She opened her beak to give a response but nothing came out of it, she simply closed it and sighed. Before finally responding. "I'm doing okay"

He sighed and stroked her head. "I heard from Draco Malfoy you pecked him in the head today."

"I did? Oh yeah I did! He deserved it." She smiled at the memory.

"What's your excuse then?" He smiled in amusement.

"Oh he was throwing his weight around and his title about with that Potter boy. Insulting his Potters friend, Weasley." She looked at him, her eyes glowing a soft icey blue in the dark night sky.

"Very well. I won't do anything about it." She grinned widely and looked back out.

"You should head back to bed Dumbledore, or you'll be too tired for tomorrow."

"I can suggest the same for you Mai."

"I'm an owl I'll be okay."

Dumbledore shook his head with a small smile before leaving the astronomy tower.

The next morning Mai was resting on one of the posts in the hall, her head nuzzled into her chest and puffing her feathers out. Opening her eyes at hearing two desperate sets of footsteps running down the hall, She opened her eyes to see the backs of Ronald Weasley and Harry Potter turning the corner into another hallway.

Mai smirked with confusion and sat up properly, unfolding her wings and following them silently.

She followed them in through to the Transfiguration classroom. Noticing a grey tabby with dark grey stripes on Mcgonagalls desk, Mai let's out a snicker which sounds like her beak chattering together softly.

Her talons wrap tightly around the roof bars of an empty golden bird cage at the front. Ready to watch the scene ahead unfold.

"Oh thank Merlin, could you imagine the face on old Mcgonagalls face?" Ron panted out breathlessly. Tensing up and sucking in air once the Tabby cat leaps off the desk and transforms into Professor Mcgonagall. "That was brilliant."

"Oh thank you Mr. Weasley for your observation. Perhaps I should turn either you or Mr. Potter into a pocket watch? So one of you can be on time." She bit back, looking at Mai when she let's out another snicker with a slight smile.

"We got lost." Potter meekly squeaked out, eying the large owl out of the corner of his eye.

"Perhaps a map then. Surely you don't need one to find your seats?" She turned away and walked back to her desk. Smirking at Mai as she's snickering. "Don't you snicker Missy, you were trailing behind them."

"Hey! I'm not a student anymore! That doesn't count!" She defended, flapping her wings once or twice.

Professor Mcgonagall shook her head with an amused smile. "Welcome to Transfiguration students. In this class you'll learn all about transfiguration through objects and your pets."

"You are not transfigurationing me." Mai hummed.

Professor Mcgonagall gives her a side glance before continuing. "And something implemented by Albus Dumbledore himself that's starting this year. You'll be having one off lessons to learn about creatures that can transform into different animals, So Animagi, Maledictus' and more."

Draco groaned and mumbled. "Why do I have to learn about a blood curse that won't ever affect me?"

"Motherfucking little brat ferret boy. I'll fucking peck your ugly ass storm eyes out of your self entitled head then inform your father of such behaviour you little shit."

Mai growled lowly and unfolded her wings, Professor Mcgonagall grabbed the bird and held her close, petting her head in hopes it'll calm her down. "Mr. Malfoy. I'll have you know Mai here is a transformed Maledictus. She is just as intelligent as you or I. And from her reaction and the line of swearing and threats, She took your little comment to heart and became offended." She narrowed her eyes at the Platinum haired boy, who has now paled acouple shades.

"I'll be informing your father of such behaviour and I'll be removing 50 points from Slytherin. Whether Mai decides to inform your head of house herself is her choice."

"Fucking rude ass blondie." She hissed out and returned to her perch on the cage. Nuzzling her head into her chest and puffing her feathers out angrily.

A bushy haired girl at the front gave Mai a pitiful look, before taking out a notebook and quickly scribbling down some notes.

Draco stayed silent for the rest of the lesson, his eyes on the table as he thinks of the words Professor Mcgonagall said to him.