Chapter 3

Mai was sitting in the potions classroom, enjoying the quietness of the empty classroom knowing that'll soon stop once the lesson starts. Even Snape wasn't there.

Her tongue clicked in dismay as the door opened and first years shuffled in, once again it being Slytherins and Gryffindors. When she was human, Unlike most of her house, she didn't have a problem with the Gryffindor house as a whole, just some of the people who were part of the house.

"She's everywhere" Harry muttered to the girl from before, who sat next to the boy with glasses. The bushy haired girl just hummed a nod.

Once they all fell quiet. Professor Snape in his usual dramatic style threw the door open, making afew students jump in surprise.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making."

Mai takes notice of Harry scribbling down notes and watches him curiously, not really paying attention to Snapes lecture.

"However, for the select few who possess, the predisposition... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death."

Snape glanced at Mai and quickly followed her eye trail to Harry scribbling with the quill and sighs softly, before beginning to speak once more."Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to, Not. Pay. Attention!"

Mai unfolds her wings and flies over, landing on the bushy girl's desk, looking down temporarily to make sure she balances herself properly on the girls stack of books, before looking back at the boy who lived.

"Mister Potter. Our new celebrity." Snape cooed, walking over to a nearby pillar and resting against it with his hand. "Tell me, What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

Harry stays quiet, remaining eyecontact while subconsciously fiddling with the quill in his hand. The girls hand shot up, causing Mai to lean back slightly in surprise. "Alright rocket girl fucking hell"

"You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?"

The girl next to Mai was now waving her hand in the air, holding her arm with her other hand for support, making quiet whining noises. "I don't know, sir." Harry squeaked out quietly.

"And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?"

The girl looks as if she's going to explode. Shes off her seat now and shuffling on her feet. "I don't know, sir." Harry repeated.

"Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything, is it, Mr. Potter?" Snape sneered.

"You should ask Hermione, clearly she knows." Harry retorted back. Mai looked at the girl in front of her who she now knows as Hermione, She now has a hopeful expression, her eyes attempting to hide the dull, numbing pain from holding her arm up for so long.

"Fuck me this girl is trying to reach the stars." Mai cooed with amusement, leaning back slightly from the sight of the desperate girl.

Professor Snape's nostrils flared as he stormed forward because of Harry's words, but as he passed the girl, sneering at her."Put your hand down silly girl, don't hurt my owl on the way down too."

"HA!" Mai burst out with amusement. Snape strolled in front of Harry and pulled a stool out, sitting in front of him and resting his arms on the boys desk space.

" For your information Potter, Asphodel and Wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful it is known as the Draught of the Living Death, a Bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. As for Monkshood and Wolfsbane, they are the same plant which also goes by the name of Aconite."

His eyes trailed away from the small boy to the class surrounding. "Well? Why aren't you all copying this down?"

The students scramble to grab their quills and scribble down what he just said. Mai climbed onto the Professor's shoulder, snickering at the scene that finished beside her.

Once class finished she took off and flew into the courtyard.