6- fa la la la la

On Dasher, on Dancer, on Prancer and Vixen, on Comet, on Cupid, on Donner and Blitzen

December 24th, 1245 hours, Tokyo city

It was a rough few days after the perps killed themselves in the back of the squad car. Bakugo shouted at Deku for letting it happen, but even he admitted that there wasn't anything that could have been done. Nobody could have expected what happened.
Kirishima was pretty worried about his friend, but there wasn't much he could think of to help.
The stress seemed to be getting to the blond, and he spent all his waking hours scouring for new leads. The trail had run cold. There was nothing in that apartment that was useful to them, and they had come to a dead end.
Before they knew it though, it was Christmas eve.
Kirishima had gotten Katsuki a present, and he figured that this would be the day to give it to him. The squad were getting together over lunch to celebrate the holiday, and Kirishima had been invited.
Tomorrow, everyone would be busy with their families, so they were all spending a little time together as friends before then.
Kirishima stood before his bedroom mirror, wearing a pair of black jeans and a white button up shirt. He was currently trying to get his eye-liner right, so he had leaned in close to his reflection, a look of utter concentration on his face.
He finished lining his right eye, and noticed that he had stuck his tongue out a little bit, subconsciously.
He stopped sticking his tongue out and pressed his teeth together firmly so that he wouldn't do it again, then lined his other eye.
Finally happy with it, he straightened up and looked himself up and down. His hair was in its usual spiky mess, his shirt untucked and the top few buttons undone. The jeans he wore fit him tightly, and showed off his legs and ass. He was satisfied.
He turned to his bed, and picked up the gift wrapped package for Bakugo, then made his way towards the front door, picking his keys up on the way from the small bowl on the table in the hallway.
Kirishima lived in a tall apartment building in Tokyo. His apartment wasn't huge, but it certainly wasn't poky either. He felt that it was just the right size.
It was outfitted with a sleek, modern design. Kirishima had a black and red colour scheme going on, with most of his furniture being black.
He went out the front door and then locked it behind him, checking to make sure it was locked before he set off towards the elevator.
Living on the twentieth floor had its perks. A beautiful view, for starters.
But it was also quite the task on moving day. Good thing he owned his apartment, and didn't plan on moving anytime soon.
He was proud that he owned that small space. His own little piece of the Earth to call home.
He didn't have a fancy car, and he wasn't rich like some of the more popular heroes, but he had his home.
It was a quaint and comfortable existence.
He rode the elevator down to the ground and walked to his car, a little red hatchback. He started the engine up, but it was a pretty cold day, so he sat in the car for a few minutes to let it warm up before he pulled into the road.
It was a short journey to a park nearby, which wasn't too busy. There were a few people about, but not too many. This was where he was to meet the squad.
It was to be a picnic lunch.
He climbed out of his car, toting the present. He'd wrapped it in silver wrapping paper and then wrapped a silky red ribbon around it.
He locked the car and stepped out into the cushy grass, his boots sinking into the lawn. He looked around and it didn't take much to spot them. Todoroki's long hair was out today, it cascaded over his shoulders. It suited him, really.
It was also hard to miss the black haired identical twin boys who were excitedly running around him. They couldn't have been older than three or four. Yaoyorozu was seated on a bright red picnic mat. The little blond Hanako was toddling between Kaminari and Shinsou, who were also seated, a bright, round-shaped toy in her chubby fist.
Kirishima walked towards them, and when the two young boys noticed him, one of them fled back to his mother and hid behind her, his small hand resting on her shoulder. He watched the redhead wearily. His brother, on the other hand, came running up.
"Excuuuse me? Are you Key-shma?" He stumbled over his words a little bit.
"Yep, that's me!" Kirishima said, "you must be Todoroki's son," he added, "what's your name?"
The little boy blinked up at him with his grey eyes, "Kanaye."
"Very good, so then that's Daisuke over there?" Kirishima gestured to the identical boy hiding behind his mum. He was peering at Kirishima curiously. Kirishima continued to walk up to the picnic mat.
"Yeah, that's Dais," he nodded vigorously. Kirishima smiled at Yaoyorozu in greeting.
"Hey," he said.
"How you doing?" She responded, and twisted to pull Daisuke into her lap. The boy clung to the front of her red t-shirt.
"I'm good," Kirishima settled beside her, crossing his legs. Kaminari looked over at him,
"Yo Kiri!" He grinned brightly.
"Hey," Shinsou gave a small nod and a placid smile. Hanako stumbled into Shinsou's arms and he caught her easily. Kanaye went up to her and put his arms around her, pulling her up to her feet.
"You 'kay Hanako?" He asked her. Hanako didn't respond, really. She was too busy staring at Kirishima with her big doe-like eyes, which were bright gold in colour. Kirishima smiled brightly,
"Hi Hanako!" He greeted. Hanako raised her small hand and waved.
"Oh, good girl! She's only just started doing that," Kaminari told him excitedly. Kirishima smiled happily.
She was very cute.
"Good girl, Hanako!" Kanaye said cheerfully, mimicking Kaminari.
Todoroki suddenly raised his voice and called out,
"Bakugo, over here!" He waved his arm. Kirishima looked up and saw Katsuki walking towards them across the expanse of grass. He was wearing a black button up shirt with a pair of dark blue pants, and had a small blue box in his hand.
He walked over, giving everyone a nod and a small,
"Hi," and sat down beside Kirishima.
Kirishima smiled at him and passed the silver wrapped box he'd brought into Bakugo's lap. Katsuki blushed softly and shoved the little box into Kirishima's chest. Kirishima grabbed hold of it.
"Thanks," Katsuki said quietly.
The kids were now sitting in the grass not too far away, Kanaye was holding a fluffy dandelion for Hanako, who leaned forward and opened her mouth. Todoroki swooped in and snatched it out of the way before she could eat it. He then crouched down and started talking to them.
Daisuke was still curled up in his mother's lap, she was mumbling down at him and smiling softly.
He had gotten Katsuki a new set of dice, which were all white but had patches of gold inlaid. They were quite beautiful.
Bakugo had torn the wrapping paper off and was staring down at them. He opened the case, which was clear plastic, and tipped a few of the dice into his palm, feeling the weight of them. Kirishima smiled softly.
"Pretty dice for a pretty guy," he said it so quietly that nobody else could hear, in fact he wondered if Katsuki even could, but the resulting flush of his cheeks was answer enough.
He turned his attention to the small blue parcel Bakugo had given him, and carefully unwrapped it. A necklace rested inside a velvet case. It had a thick silver chain, and the pendant was of a crescent moon, made from jade. Kirishima thought it was gorgeous. He lifted it from the case and asked,
"Put it on me?"
Bakugo took it, moved around behind him, and his fingers brushed at Kirishima's skin as he fastened the necklace around Kirishima's neck.
Katsuki then moved back to sit beside him comfortably. Kirishima smiled brightly at him, and the corners of Katsuki's mouth lifted just slightly despite himself.
"Merry Christmas, Katsuki."
"Merry Christmas, Ei," he replied.

Don't forget to leave me a like, a comment and a follow please!

*published 12/07/2021