-02-

Chapter 2
First Year: Hogwarts Express and the Sorting
————————————————

Chapter 2First Year: Hogwarts Express and the Sorting————————————————

September 1st, 1991, Hogwarts Express

The following month was terrible for Caroline, not only did her mother try to start getting along with her and getting to know her, but it was because she didn't want people to know that she-Lily Potter, lady of the Potter House, a light family-had neglected her daughter, so Caroline did everything to avoid her family.

From leaving her room to hang around the garden more, to leaving the house early in the morning with the help of the elves. She was rarely caught, however when she was she was forced to 'family bond' with her parents and brother, without her godfather or uncle aloud to be there, it was terrible.

Now though, on the first of September, Caroline found herself eager. Today was her first day at Hogwarts, and she couldn't wait. She all too happily left her room, ate with her family and even talked to them-which honestly surprised them that much they didn't respond- all because she was about to get to the station.

"Now children, come along, platform 9 and 3/4 this way" A read-headed woman almost yelled, her name was Molly Weasley and she was one of the most infuriating people Caroline had met, she was loud, bossy and downright annoying. She honestly didn't have to announce we're the platform was, there are bloody muggles everywhere here, why didn't they take the flu anyway?

"Now Percy you first" Mrs Weasley stated, lining up her children, with a tall red-headed boy running through a brick wall, going straight through like there was no wall at all. "Fred you next"

"He's not Fred, I am"

"Honestly woman, you call yourself our mother"

These were the Weasley twins, the middle children of the Weasley clan, and Caroline's favourite Weasleys, with Charlie being close second. They were the funniest and sneakiest people she had ever met, and they didn't try to use her so she was cool with them.

"Oh sorry George" Mrs Weasley apologised with not much effort, pointing at the wall.

"I'm only joking, I'm Fred" Fred said before going through the wall much like his brother, soon followed by George.

"Now Ron, Harry you go next" Mrs Weasley said, before turning to Mother. "Oh they grow up so fast, don't they Lily?"

"Oh yes, it's sad to see them go" and sick of their mothers, both insufferable boys run through the wall, trying to race. "Now off you go... C... Carol!" Mother said, completely getting my name wrong despite naming me. So doing what she does best, she left the situation.

———————

It took about five minutes before Caroline had found an empty compartment, putting her luggage away, she locked the door and sat by the window, watching people say goodbye to their family, some with warm hearts, others with closed expressions.