-11-

Chapter 11
First Year: Welcomed intrusions
————————————————

Chapter 11First Year: Welcomed intrusions————————————————

Yule Holidays, Potter Manor, Scotland

Caroline's new room was a lot bigger than her last one, with big windows you'd see from outside the manor, and satin sheets on the queen sized bed. There was a walk in robe connected to the left of the room, with a giant vanity across the way.

And right in the middle stood Caroline, anger swelling in her veins as the dismissal from her mother, eyes shining a simmering green. Dinner was cut off because of her family's quarrelling, and now she probably wouldn't be able to see her godfather until the next time her father invited them over and she knew damn well he wouldn't just to spite her into behaving.

As if she didn't before they tried to pry themselves into her life after completely abandoning her. Caroline was willing to completely ignore everything once they'd returned for holidays, but between the dinner fiasco, the room change and her family's opinion of her, she was on the verge of having a compete breakdown.

And it was only the first day.

Over the Christmas holidays the Potter family always held a party, sometimes only inviting a smaller group, sometimes inviting everyone they knew. This time, Caroline knew they would go for the second option.

She had normally stayed out of them, staying in her old room the entire time, having an elf bring her food when necessary. But this time she knew that her mother wouldn't allow that, she was the heiress of the house of Potter, and everyone knew that now.

So, a few days after nearly having a mental breakdown in her new room, she had a guest.

Caroline rose from her spot by the window, eyes previously looking over the gardens outside now sweeping towards the door. The knock sounded again, but nobody spoke.

Opening the door Caroline was surprised to see both Fred and George Weasley at her door, both grinning down at her smaller form.

"Fred, George, what can i help you with?" Her voice was soft spoken with a slight croak, she hadn't spoken much and before school started that would've been okay, but now she had friends that she'd constantly talk to.

"Now now Care, it's just the best people ever coming to pay you a visit-

-And we bought you a gift!"

They finished off with presenting a box they'd previously been hiding behind Fred's back, a dull box with multiple different doodles drawn upon it.

"It's your early Christmas present-

-we won't see you till the party and-

-that is the worst time to present a gift"

The twins watched as the younger girl slowly reached her hands out, stopping just before reaching the box.

"You guys didn't rig it did you?" a small smile was on her face, and her voice held mischief as she glanced at the taller boys. She'd known the twins since her mother introduced their family - minus herself, of course - to the Weasleys. Fred and George wished to explore, their cheeky nature kicking in at the young age, and they'd stumbled upon her in her old room.

Their grins somehow grew, not saying a word as the younger slowly opened the gift. Inside was a small box, with dark blue foiling surrounding it. The box itself was bland, a nice brown, however it was what was inside the small box that made her day. A small silver necklace was laid inside with a small charm with the letter 'C'. The letter itself has smaller words that she couldn't read as she was sure they were another language.

"Fawley mentioned that you'd been taking a liking to her jewellery" Fred spoke, their grins now small smiles as they looked at the girl.

"After she nearly cursed us half to death for speaking of you" George continued, showing his elbow which had a small scar.

"Great friend you go there, we made this ourselves"

"Do you like it?"

Caroline stood still, a smile gracing her features as she looked at the two boys, she hated family, and the Weasleys, but these two were the bestest things to have come into her unlucky life.

"I love it, thank you both truly" She was suddenly picked up and squeezed between them, breathing cutting off as they squeezed. "Wait-" she took in a deep breath, "I have gifts for you as well!"

Twirling from where she stood, she had made her way into her room before rummaging through her desk, inside sat two small but near identical boxes.

"This one's for Fred, and this for George!" She had both their present respectively, for George she had gotten a bright red pouch, inside was near infinity. And for Fred she had gotten a pair of glasses, however ordinary they looked they could show the user traces of magic, specifically for thing or people with high magick density.

"A pouch?" George questioned,

"Glasses?" Fred pondered.

Caroline's smile lit up the room as she ecstatically explained what each did.

"The pouch can hold multiple things, with a giant space inside but easy to carry with you. From a pen to fifty books, it's got a variety of uses. As for the glasses, they show traces of Magick and usually can show you the way to whoever's that is, and can spot giant density's easily!"

She had found both items absolutely amazing, and she knew that her twins would use them to their hearts content.

"Awwwww-

-Caroline!!!"

They jumped on her as they all fell to the ground, not noticing anything wrong with this picture they painted. An heiress surrounded by her chosen family, her brothers in all but blood. Caroline surviving with these two was all she could ask for.