-06-

Authors Note: woah double update after like four months of nothing. I know i'm so generous
————————————————
Chapter 6
First Year: Wooing the teachers, part 2
————————————————

 I know i'm so generous ————————————————Chapter 6First Year: Wooing the teachers, part 2————————————————

September 2nd, 1991, Potions classroom

Finding the potions classroom for first years was easy, because it wasn't that far from the Slytherin common room, and because they accepted Gemma's help this time. This time Caroline sat next to Draco, with his minions behind them and Viola and Blaise next to them.

"Are you looking forward to this class Draco? You got here quite early, and without guidance" Caroline asked, Draco turned his head slightly, messing with his quill a bit more.

"I suppose, my father has great expectations of me and well, this is my godfather, if i don't do well he'd tell father"

Caroline sighed, the thing with Draco, and many other pureblood children, was the expectations sitting on their shoulders, and now, in the beginning of their years at Hogwarts, they were at their all time highest.

"Its going to be all right, I heard that last night you sat up and read every first year potion book back to front. If you start failing we all will"

With a slight laugh, Draco smiled slightly before going back to his natural smirk.

"Thanks I suppose"

——————————*

By the time Professor Snape decided to show up, everyone was sitting quietly in their seats, Gryffindor's and Slytherin's separated to different sides of the room. Snape started by taking role, much like McGonagall.

He paused at Harry's name.

"Ah yes, Harry Potter. Our newest celebrity." Behind her she could hear Crabbe and Goyle laugh as she saw Draco sneer. "You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potionmaking," he began. He spoke every word in barley a whisper, having everyone's attention without much effort, like Professor McGonagall, she noted.

"As there is little foolish wand-waving in here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses... I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper to death. " He paused here,

"If you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as i usually have to teach." Silence followed his speech, some on the edges of their seats, others wearily looking to their seatmates.

Suddenly he called out, louder than she had heard before;

"Potter!" Both she and Harry had turned, startled. "Male Potter, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

The entire class turned to look at him, with a bushy haired girls hand waving in the air. Harry, taking in the attention turned back to Snape,

"I don't know, sir" He dragged out the 's', a smirk on his face, he was challenging Snape.

"Let's try again, Female Potter, where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?" Now the classes attention was on Caroline, she knew this one though,

"In a potions cupboard, although if there is none you would need a goat, who's stomach contains a bezoar" She held a slight smile on her face, polite Snape realised.

Severus Snape was a cold man, he knew it, as did many others. His first love abandoned him for his bully and he was sent as a double spy in a war of madmen. So, in his classroom, which currently held his first loves and bully children, he was a bit more than cold. He was bitter and resentful. but looking at this young female, with the same red hair and green eyes as Lily, oh Lily, he could be nothing but sad.

Because Caroline Potter, recently known as the unknown Potter, was just as calm, bright, and smart as young Lily had been, the only difference was that this young girl was sitting next to his godson and was a Slytherin. So, gathering up all the strength in him, he gave a small nod.

"Correct, five points to Slytherin."

——————————*

Walking out of the classroom, Caroline was conflicted. Potions was great, if not a little biased for Slytherin, but what was on her mind was Snape.

"Okay, so Severus gave a compliment? He quite literally hates everything Potter. What have you done Caroline!" Draco ranted, with nods from Theo and Blaise who had been friends with the boy for years and had seen Snape around his house a few times.

"I don't know Draco"

"You don't know!?"

"Maybe she has some veela blood in her Draco? You sure you're the blood child of your parents?" Viola asked, hands on Caroline's shoulders, nearly bouncing in her spot.

"Yes I'm sure Viola, now come of, lets hurry to Defence" Rushing off to leave the four behind, she hurried to the Defence corridor.

Once arriving she realised she was early, by like at least half an hour, and it was now just her, Professor Quirrell and the little iguana on the desk.

"A-ah Miss P-pot-tter! Y-you are a b-bit early, y-yes?" He stuttered out, tripping over her last name.

"Yes, I apologise Professor"

"Y-y-es now j-j-just take a s-seat"

He watched as she nodded, gracefully taking a seat in the second row. He watched as she pulled some parchment out and a quill. He watched as she tided her braid. He watched behind a stupid mans blue eyes, taking in the girl, taking in the girl who vanquished him. He watched for twenty minutes as people started coming in. He just watched and Caroline had no idea as she chatted lowly with Theodore.

'Caroline Potter.. what a lovely girl'