Alternate Chapter Thirty-Four

A/N: This is an alternate chapter of 34, followed by an alternate epilogue. This alternate chapter starts off from the middle of the original chapter 34 (Mid-endingish) from where things proceed differently than the original chapter 34. Hope you guys like this version of the chapter!

Here's a quick recap of the 34th chapter:

Shay wakes up to complete darkness, realizing that she's been tied up. Her leg aches and Shay suspects that it is a ligament tear. James enters the room, with a lit lighter in his hands. Shay looks around to see Rose, Kaya, the rest of her friends, her mom and Will's dad. James seems surprised Will was alive, angry because he released the gas to kill Will, but Will didn't die. After showing footage with Will's mother's final moments, James flicks the lighter off to kill Will.

Shay screams loudly, and James turns the lighter on again: now annoyed. He stomps on Shay's bad leg to quieten her. James starts listing off about his past and his plans: how he had 'important things' planned that day, hence the less security and he couldn't check if Will had indeed died or not. Saying that he was the one behind killing the citizens of Blackwood, kidnapping the kids and killing The Royale Pharma's workers for vengeance and that he would kill Shay and others too, as they got to know too much.

Will passes Shay a knife, and Shay realizes that Will's hands were free and he was just acting that he had been tied up. Shay cuts the ropes behind her back too, making sure James didn't notice it.

The part of chap 34 from where things proceed differently:

He (James) stopped near Will again and knelt down. "Time to say your goodbyes, Will. Do you have any last wishes? Do tell them." He pauses and looked at the wicked-looking knife in his hand, the light from the flame bouncing off its surface. "Okay, not that I would actually grant them even though I do have the power. But I just want to listen to your wishes and tell you to fuck off."

Shay opened her mouth again to scream, piss him off which will make him stamp on her foot again.

But James didn't pay her any attention, blowing to extinguish the flame. Her heart lurched with fear. The sound of a fist hitting bare flesh echoed throughout the room, followed by a series of grunts and sounds of kicks. The lighter was flicked back on, and relief rushed through Shay.

Will held the lighter in one hand, illuminating the room. His other hand held a knife which was pressed against James' throat. He had pushed James against the wall, trapping him completely. Will ripped the tape from his mouth and raised his eyebrows, panting.

James laughed cruelly, his eyes darting to Will's phone which showed an ongoing call with the police. "You think you're gonna be saved, aren't you? Wrong." The knife against James' neck stopped pressing into his flesh. James smirked, "Oh, how silly you are. You think you tricked me?

The guy you trusted? He's George's friend, isn't he? Poor guy, he died in an accident." Shay gasped, her arms trembling. James continued with a smug expression, "Your Peter got a few high positioned and trusted officials with him into a car. Some police officers whom he knew he could trust. Little did he know there were two snakes with him. As Peter started telling them everything, showing the documents with proof in them, the snakes grew alarmed. They called me, which they rarely do because they are scared of me. Soon, they received a call: your call, Will. So the entire thing you thought could be used as another proof? Poof. Waste. Those trusted officials couldn't really believe that something like this could happen, but they ordered some cops to come here."

"But," James raised a finger, "The two snakes got off the car convinced that they heard something loud. When they get off the car, the accident happened. The other police, who were still on the line, would obviously hear something was wrong and would rush over to the accident site. So, I have some time on my hands. The car's blasted to bits, by the way."