Chapter 12

"so that's what made you so guarded, huh?" Lucas asks. You nod in response.You had forced him to stay and listen to what you had to say.

                                                                                        Flashback

"let go of me." Lucas says, trying to break out of your hold.

"not until you promise to stay and listen to what I've got to say." you say.

"OK fine. I'll listen, so let me go." he answers.

You bring your hands back to your sides and step away. He tries to run away almost immediately. But you blocked the door.

"if you try to run again, I'll beat you up." you say, glaring at him. "OK, OK geez." he says before sitting on a sofa. You sit next to him and begin to explain everything about your past life.            

                                                                                   Flashback ends

"makes sense why you were so grumpy all  the time before. Even I would be like that if someone did that to me." Lucas says. You scoff. "I was not grumpy, shut the f*ck up." you say. "suuuure." Lucas says, smirking, causing you to glare at him.

"but that doesn't explain why you said you hated me." Lucas says.

"o-oh. That was probably because the old me didn't like that i trusted you?" you say, failing to sound convincing.

"are you asking me?" Lucas asks, with a face that says 'is that the best you can come up with?'

You sigh. 'guess I'll have to say the truth.' you think. 

" the reason why i said i hated you was because the old me would've hated you. She wiuld've hated the way I trusted you. She would've hated the way her heart pounded whenever she saw you." You say. You take a deep breathe. You had never confessed to anyone before. This was the first time. It was ironic, actually. you were doing the very thing you treated as a pain in the ass in your past life

"The old me probably would've hated the way she was falling for you." You say softly, looking down. From the corner of your eyes you saw Lucas's eyes widen.

You had never felt scared. The only thing that scared you was losing the people you loved. But, this was a new type of fear. The fear of getting rejected was something you never experienced.

"I... Like... Too." Lucas says way too soft for you to hear properly. Your head immediately turned to face him.

"What did you just say?" you ask.

"I said, I like me too." He says, smirking. You could almost see the imaginary sparkles that surrounded him. Your mouth dropped open and an irk mark appears on your head. You grabbed the nearest cushion and threw it at his head.

"Ow, what the hell? What was that for?" He asks. You glare at him.

"Ok, ok, i was just kidding, geez." He says rubbing his head. "How about this. you give the answer to my confession after everything with the emperor ends." You suggest. He nods. This was for the best. You couldn't afford to get distracted.

"So.... We good now right?" You ask. He stares at you for a few seconds before answering.

"Yeah. We're good."

                                                                                       ******

"Athanasia's having her becoming-the-future-substitute-emperor thingy now, right?" Lucas asks, lazily sitting on a chair near Claude's bed and munching on cookies. You nod, properly doing yor job and standing near Claude's. You didnt go with Athy because, one, your father was there and he was brainwashed into committing treason so you'd rather not see him. Two, Athy secretly asked you to take care of Claude because she was worried if Lucas was actually doing his job. You can't really blame her. I mean, half of the time he looks like he's lazing around.

"Be honest, you stayed behind because you wanted to spend more time with me." Lucas says, smirking. Did I mention that you were starting to regret confessing to him? You glare at him and he just chuckles.

"Chill, I'm kidding. It's funny seeing all of your different expressions." He says. You didn't amswer.instead yiu were focusing on the bad feeling yiu were getting. Like something bad was about to happen. And I'm not talking about Anastacius appearing. Something different. At that moment the door opened and felix entered along with Athanasia. Lucas stood up.

'What happened?" You ask, even though you already knew what was wrong. Athanasia looked at you.

"You were right about the black-haired mister, Y/n. He showed up today.... As Anastacius."

                                                                                         *****

                                                    ~A Few Days Ago, At The Alpheus Mansion ~

"You... Are you planning on killing the emperor?" Duke alpheus asked the previous emperor, his eyes wide. 

The ravennette smiled. "Duke alpheus. Your plan was great, but, not good enough." He says. "Claude will die soon. Next we have to take care of the princess. We'd be able to make her powerless, but the problem is Lucas and that knight of hers. First I'll take care of the woman." Anastacius says.

"Do yiu mean my daughter?" Roger Alpheus asks. The previous emperor smirks. "What do you mean, Daughter? Since when did you see your children as human beings?" He asks. The duke flinches.

"You'll help me out this time too, right?" He asks getting closer to Roger. 

'I need to think of something. There's no way I'm participationg in treason.' The duke thinks as he grabs an ink bottle which was a magic artifact and threw it at Anastacius.

"Did it work..?" he asks himself, whike looking at thr ravennette who was on the floor, blood dripping down from the forehead.

"You... Bastard.." He says, before using his magic to overpower the duke.

                                                                                  ******

                                                                   ~Back to the present~

"I see, so that's what happened." Lucas says after Athanasia explained that Anastacius was the Black-haired dude who looked like Claude and that Duke Aloheus was the one who was hiding him. 

"Y/n, are you okay?" Athanasia asks. "Huh?" You asked. "I mean, you just found out your father committed treason." She answers. "Oh, that. I'm completely fine. Because that's not my father." You say. "Huh?" Athy asks, confused. "my father is a snake and is always looking for ways to gain power, but, he would never commit treason. He knows his boundaries." You answer. "So what you're saying is....?" Felix asked. "There are two possible reasons why he helped Anastacius. One, that wasn't my father at all, and instead was a copy. Two, My father was brainwashed." You answer, even though you knew what was really happening. Knowing what's happening but pretending not to was starting to get tiring. Lucas nods, "brainwashing could be possible with black magic and there was black magic in the bracelet that triggered the emperor's condition. The previous emperor is probably trying to kill the emperor and take over the empire while it's in chaos." Lucas says. 

Suddenly there was knock on the door. 

"Who is it?" Athanasia asks. 

"My name is Marie. I'm a maid. The previous emperor has requested to have tea with you and lady Alpheus tomorrow evening."

A/n: ok, so, sorry for not posting for a while. I have half yearly exams coming in september so the updates might be a bit slow until my exams finish. I still will post though.

Also, thank you so much for 12K views. Like, WHAT?! I honestly didn't expect this story to reach this far. I'm so happy. Thx for the support. I love you guys soo much (。♥‿♥。)