Fitting In Pt. 3

A/N: Um, surprise? Not dead, so that's cool. I just haven't been vibing with writing (I've also been hyper-fixated on Star Wars for like four months, lol). But I refuse to leave this unfinished, so the plan is to knock out all of the remaining prompts I have at once (there's like 6) then call it quits. So look out for that dump in like a week. I'm also going through and editing all my past stuff because I finally got Grammarly premium, and the grammar in my old stuff makes me want to cry.

Mal stood in front of Audrey's door with Jay, Evie, Carlos, and Ben behind her. They all had their pissed faces on (ok, Ben looked more disappointed than pissed, but he tried). Mal knew that you were under some love spell; she didn't know how Audrey did it. She had scoured her mother's spellbook for answers, but the only love spell she could find was the one she had done on Ben. Ben, ever the diplomat, had offered to talk to Audrey to figure out what was going on. While he hadn't meant for the VKs to come with him, they decided that Audrey couldn't be trusted and came as a backup crew.

Ben stepped up next to Mal and rested his hand on her shoulder with a small smile. "It'll be ok, Mal. We'll figure out what's going on with (Y/N)."

Mal looked up at Ben, murder in her eyes. "Oh, we better. Otherwise, Audrey is going to wish she'd never been born."

Ben nervously chuckled, hoping that maybe, just maybe, that was a joke. Nope. Mal just narrowed her eyes at him and reached over and pounded on the door.

The group could hear shuffling on the other side of the door before it opened on (Y/N)'s smiling face. Mal could see Audrey lounging on her bed behind them.

"Oh hey, guys!" (Y/N) greeted cheerfully. "What's up?"

Ben, noticing that Mal seemed frozen in rage at (Y/N) attire (which was mostly pink) and perky attitude, spoke, "Hey, (Y/N), We were hoping to talk to Audrey."

Audrey looked up from her nails, which she had been painting at this. Her eyes narrowed at the sight of the VKs, and their glares before her face morphed into a fake, perky smile. She stood and sauntered over to the door, wrapping her arms around (Y/N)'s waist and resting her head on their shoulder.

"Oh, hi Bennyboo! What did you want to chat about?"

Ben cleared his throat, feeling murder radiating from his girlfriend and friends. He was also very uncomfortable with how (Y/N) was acting, remembering the person who threatened to steal their soul upon their first meeting and turn him into a chair. This was not that person.

"Oh, well, um, I heard you and (Y/N) were, um, dating and had to see it for myself," Ben stumbled a bit, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Yup!" Audrey confirmed, her smile seemingly turning genuinely as she quickly kissed (Y/N)'s cheek, electing a chuckle out of (Y/N).

"Huh, wow." Ben gave a strained chuckle. "I, uh, just didn't see that coming."

"Yeah," Mal butted in, "you're like two totally different people. Until (Y/N) changed overnight..."

Mal trailed off, glaring at Audrey who's smile became strained. She unwrapped her arms from around (Y/N)'s waist before placing her hands on her hips. "It's funny what love can do, huh?"

Her tone was challenging, knowing no matter what they said, (Y/N) would agree with her. Mal knew this and her hands clenched in rage. She felt Evie shift behind her and gently push her to the side.

Evie had a wide, fake smile on. "Well, congrats, you two! Now, Mal and I have got to go work on a project! Bye-bye!"

Evie quickly grabbed Mal and Carlos' wrist, pulling them down the hallway towards Mal and Evie's room. Ben awkwardly said goodbye and raced after them with Jay.