This Should Be Fun Pt. 3

A/N: This skips to after coronation!

        It was Saturday and just after lunch. Outside, snow fell from the sky and gently landing in the slowing growing plies. You had discovered that snow sucked. It was cold, wet, and not pleasant. You much preferred staying inside and cuddling with your partners, thank you very much. In fact, that was what you were doing right now.

It was chaos. The five of you had pushed Mal and Evie's beds together so there was enough space. You weren't 100% sure who's had you were holding (either Mal's or Evie's) and you were fairly sure that Carlos had claimed your stomach as a pillow. You knew that Jay was your pillow (he was comfy and warm). Someone was quietly snoring (Mal?) and your eyes were closed, enjoying the peace.

After the coronation, the students at Auradon started to become less scared of you five. But they still weren't sure about the whole 'we're dating each other thing' (polyamory you think Ben called it). Most of them grew up being taught that love was between a boy and a girl (or, more specifically, between a prince and a princess). So, it was shocking, to say the least. Jay got tired of trying to explain your relationship (read: he did it once and hated it), so Carlos made pamphlets for the five of you. You and Mal agreed that it was hilarious to hand them to people and watched the confusion. Evie thought they were amazing, and Jay said they were stupid but actually used them the most.

Yeah, life was getting better. But some people were stupid and wouldn't even try to accept you guys (not that any of you cared). Fortunately, Ben, Lonnie, Jane, and the Tourney team decided to become something akin to bodyguards (or in Jane's case, emotional support students). You all were thankful for it, but having someone constantly asking if you were okay was annoying. Hence, the now, weekly cuddle piles. It was a great way to destress for everyone. Carlos and Evie got the attention they wanted (and severely lack as children). Mal got quiet time with the people she cared about (the L-word being to new to use yet). You were away from people questioning you (the others not needing to ask if you were okay). Jay got to have his protectiveness eased by knowing you were all safe and happy. It was a win-win (or a win-win-win-win-win).

Jay sighed (you could feel his chest move). "I can't feel my arm."

You snorted, stifling it with your free hand. You opened your eyes and shifted your head to see Mal resting her head on Jay's arm, her body laying horizontal, her legs resting over Carlos'. Evie was curled around Mal's head, her head resting just over Jay's. Mal was asleep.

"I can't feel my legs dude, but I'm not waking Mal up," Carlos muttered, hugging your torso tighter.

"You better not," Evie replied in a whisper, "she hasn't been sleeping well lately."

"Why?" you asked, concerned for your girlfriend.

"Nightmares I think."

Jay frowned, glancing down at Mal. On the Isle nightmares were common. Rarely did nights pass without one of you waking up in a cold sweat. But Mal didn't often have nightmares. And when she did, it was about her mother (she never went into detail). But Mal's mother was locked up, and you even glanced at her cage to double-check.

As if she could sense what you were talking about, Mal whimpered. Her legs shifted of Carlos and she gripped Jay tighter. You also figured out that she was the one holding your hand as her grip tightened. Evie sat up, being the only one Mal was connected to. She gently rested a hand on her shoulder, knowing from experience, anything more might result in Mal lashing out.

You held your breath as Mal slowly loosened her grip, her eyelids fluttering. Her eyes opened, her greens eyes slightly glazed as she woke up.

"Hey M," Evi whispered. Mal looked up at Evie who was sitting next to Jay's head.

"You alright Mal?" Jay asked, eyebrows furred.

"Uh, yeah," Mal replied, moving her legs to Jay's side, freeing Carlos. Carlos sat up allowing you to sit up. You didn't let go of Mal's hand as Jay pushed himself up next to Evie.

"You sure? You seemed to be having a nasty nightmare," you told her. She frowned and let go you your hand. You were hurt by that so Carlos grabbed your hand and squeezed it. You smiled at him a bit.

"It was nothing, don't worry about it," Mal snapped. She stood up and walked into the bathroom, almost slamming the door. It was quiet as you listened to Mal shuffled around. The shower turned on and Jay spoke up.

"(Y/N), Carlos, you wanna go to the kitchen?"

~Tiny Time Skip~

You were in the kitchen, raiding it for food. Carlos had found a stash of chocolate bars that he took. Unfortunately, strawberries weren't in season, so you settled on a few tangerines (and cookies). Setting the food you had found on the counter, you and Carlos looked at each other.

"I wonder what's got Mal so upset," Carlos said, frowning down at the food. You shrugged.

"Stress, people, memories? It could almost anything. All we can do is support her."

Carlos nodded, determined. He grabbed your hand and the food and walked you to the infirmary. He asked for a heating pack. You smiled, whenever he had a nightmare Evie would warm-up a sock with some rice Jay had stolen and give it to him. It made him feel better.

"Perfect," you told him as you walked back to the room.

When you opened the door you saw the Evie and Jay had rearranged the blankets and pillows along and they had added more (most likely from Jay and Carlos' room). The beds were now a big, fluffy nest like thing. You and Carlos put the food you had grabbed in the center of the bed. Mal was still in the shower. Jay came over and patted Carlos on the head when he saw the heating pack. Carlos made an indigent noise and Jay chuckled, throwing his arms over your shoulders. He walked you both over to the beds where Evie was putting the final touches, Mal's favorite book and two more pillows. She smiled at you three and gratefully took the heating pack and rested it on the middle pillow. The T.V was on and ready to play Mal's favorite movie: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

The shower turned off so you all piled onto the beds, leaving a spot in the middle for Mal. You were going to be next to Mal and Jay. Carlos (being the best cuddler) was going to be on Mal's other sider wit Evie reaching over him. Mal opened the bathroom door and paused in the doorway.

You all smiled at her stunned look. Evie waved her over. "Come on, the movie's not going to watch its self!"

She walked over to the pile and crawled into her spot. You threw your arm over her waist, holding Carlos' hand over her stomach. Mal rested her hands on your and Carlos' arms, but they were soon occupied by Jay and Evie's hands. You were a bit squished between Jay and Mal, but the smile on her face as the movie started made it worth it.

Yeah, things weren't perfect, but in this moment they were pretty damn close.