Should Be Fun (Core Four)

You collapsed onto the couch and Jay's lap tried after running nearly five blocks in an attempt to escape an angry salesman you may or may not have stolen from (you did).

Jay grunted and rolled you off of him. You landed on the ground, uncaring and ready to take a nap. But you really wanted a pillow. "Mal," you whined, "Jay's being mean!"

Mal rolled her eyes and sat next to Jay, nudging you with her boot. Jay smirked and put an arm around Mal. Evie chuckled, taking the last seat on the couch and putting her legs across Mal and Jay's laps. You pouted, feeling left out until Carlos sat down next to you with a pillow. You moved so you were lying half on him and half on the floor. The five of you were silent, for various reasons. You and Carlos were trying to sleep, too lazy to go to the bed. Mal was plotting, probably. Evie was admiring her partners, still unable to figure out how she got so lucky. Jay was contemplating where he wanted to go next.

As you finally nodded off, Jay spoke up, "I'm bored. Let's go cause some chaos."

You groaned, trying to bury yourself into Carlos' stomach. Evie laughed and got on the floor. She gently rubbed your back. "Come on sleepy," she cooed, leaning in to whisper into your ear so the others couldn't hear, "we could finally get those bracelets we were looking at."

You lifted your head and narrowed your eyes. Evie was smiling, Mal was smirking, Carlos half sitting up, and Jay was bouncing his leg. You sighed and sat up. Jay bounced up, grabbed his beanie and pulled you and Carlos up. With matching groans, you and Carlos were forcibly pulled under Jay's arms and walked over to the stairs.

"We can sleep later," Jay promised. Carlos yawned and leaned into Jay.

"But I wanted to sleep now," you said, unamused. "But Evie is manipulative."

"Thanks," Evie said, standing behind you with Mal, holding her hand. You looked around Jay's arm and stuck your tongue out at her. Her and Mal chuckled. The five of you walked down the stairs, you and Carlos finally getting your energy back. You ran ahead of Mal, Jay, and Evie. You high-fived and turned back to your partners with matching smiles.

"What are you guys waiting for?" Carlos asked. The three of them smiled and caught up with you.

"Let's go!"

~Time Skip~

You huffed, displeased as you sat in the limo next to Evie. She patted your shoulder and complained that Mal looked flushed.

"She's plotting," you muttered, sliding down your seat as the limo weaved in and out of the dirty streets slowly. You closed your eyes, listening to Carlos and Jay bicker. Maybe now you could sleep. Getting comfy, you laid your head on Evie's lap and she began playing with your head.

"I think I'm going to start calling you sleepy," Evie said as she watched your face.

"Only if Mal's Grumpy," you replied, throwing an arm over your face. Mal scoffed and reached over to pinch your arm. You looked up and gave her a cheeky smile. Evie leaned down kissed you quickly. You smiled at her, nicely this time, and leaned up to kiss her again.

You heard Carlos complain, "I want a kiss!" It was silent after that and you assumed Jay had kissed him. You sat up and moved to sit next to Mal, resting your head on her shoulder. You pouted up at her. She was about to respond, but Evie cut her off with an exclamation of, "Look!"

The limo was headed to the old, broken off bridge at the edge of the Isle.

"It's a trap!" Carlos yelled, grabbing onto Jay. You gripped Mal and felt Evie grab onto you. You squeezed your eyes shut, hoping it would be a quick death. When you didn't feel the sensation of falling you peaked your eyes open, and sat up as you stared out of the window in amazement.

"Guys, look," you breathed as you watched a bridge appear in front of the limo. Everyone opened their eyes and stared with you.

"Wow," you heard Mal mutter, impressed.

~Time Skip~

The limo pulled to a stop in front of the school and the door open. You were hit with a barrage of from the marching band they had and muttering from the mass of students. You and Mal shared a look as Jay and Carlos went tumbling out of the limo, fighting over something you couldn't identify. You got out of the limo and stepped over your (idiot) boyfriends and jokingly held your hand out for Evie. She gracefully stepped out and squeezed your hand with a smile. Mal followed her and raised an eyebrow at you, but you just shrugged. When she grabbed your hand you tightened your grip.

"Ha, now we're holding hands," you said smugly as you walked with Mal to stand next to Evie.

Mal scoffed but didn't pull her hand away. Instead, she spoke to Jay and Carlos, "Guys, guys, guys! We have an audience."

Jay and Carlos stood up and Evie quickly brushed them off, Carlos smiling at her sheepishly. You tuned out Fairy Godmother speaking (because Christ, she was chipper) in favor of observing the students. They were all staring, and you noticed a significant amount staring at you and Mal (more like staring at your intertwined hands). Finally, the guy who brought you here stepped forward, Ben. He smiled awkwardly and introduced himself, and was quickly cut off by a girl dressed in a pink dress. She apparently felt the need to clarify that Ben was a prince, soon to be king.

Evie stepped forward with a pretty smile. "You had me at prince. My mom's a queen, which makes me a princess."

You chuckled at her, knowing she was just a flirt by nature. You stopped laughing when pink-girl stepped forward and said, "The evil queen has no royal status here and neither do you."

Evie stepped back, deflated. Ben introduced Audrey, who once again clarified, this time that she was a princess and Ben's (or Bennyboo's) girlfriend. You were pissed. How dare she speak like that to Evie? You grabbed Evie's hand with your free hand, unaware of the curious stares of the students. Evie leaned her head on your shoulder, a frown on her face.

"Hey," you whispered to her. "Don't listen to her, you'll always be a princess to us."

She lifted her head and smiled at you. Ben went down the line to shake hands with everyone. Jay made him uncomfortable, Jay upset that Evie was insulted. Carlos had chocolate on him, which Jay teased him about once Ben moved on. Evie didn't make eye contact in favor of resting on your shoulder again. You had to let go of Mal's hand to shake Ben's. You made intense eye-contact, so far unimpressed by Auradon. Mal bantered with him but glared through her interaction with pink-bitc-Audrey. Whoops.

Ben interrupted their interaction with the announcement that you were all going on a tour. Yay. Mal lead, talking with Ben. You stayed with Evie, but Carlos took up her other side. Jay followed behind, always the protective one. You noticed Ben's 'inconspicuous' glances at you three. They only increased when Carlos jumped into Jay's arm, you and Evie laughing at him and Jay affectionately calling him a pup. Ben seemed confused by the shared affection between the five of you.

If they ask any questions, I'm kicking their ass, you thought as you walked inside the school. There was a fluster nerd waiting for you. You noticed a gleam in Evie's eye.

This should be fun.