Should Be Fun Pt. 2

You scoffed as you leaned against the closet wall, Jay standing next to you. Mal and Evie were whispering together while Carlos was playing with Dude. Everyone was dressed up because it was Family Day but after the disaster that was the facetime call with your parents, none of you were hyped to go. But to be fair, you weren't excited before. But watching a bunch of happy families is going to piss you off. Poor Mal, she was trying to become closer to Ben in order to get close to the wand during the coronation. She had made a friendship spell and gave it to Ben. She convinced Ben to break up with Audrey (finally). Now she was working on taking her spot in the coronation.

Mal and Evie finished up talking and Mal nodded to you all. Jay wrapped an arm around your shoulder and you grabbed Mal's hand. Carlos and Evie walked hand in hand. You all walked in silence to the courtyard and watched as students finished signing a rendition of "Be Our Guest". As you walked far, Jay pulled you to the side where he had stopped a chocolate fountain. Carlos pulled Evie and you pulled Mal. As Jay and Carlos devoured the chocolate, you and Evie decided to play "Yay or Nay" with the students around. Mal was next to you, still holding your hand.

"Mal!" Ben called out, standing in front of two adults. His parents? Poor Mal. You gave your girlfriend a sympathetic look, but she just glared at you and pulled you with her.

"Mal!" you whispered yelled as she pulled you along. "Why!"

"I suffer, you suffer," she said as you approached Ben and his parents. The two adults looked as if you had just offended them and kick their dog. You gave them a fake smile and waved at Ben with your free hand. He chuckled and waved back.

"This is (Y/N) by the way," Ben introduced you. You gave him an exasperated look, trying to limit all contact with the King and Belle. He smiled at you. "They're one of Mal's partners."

Fuck it, you thought, might as well defend myself.

"Or is Mal one of my partners?" you questioned with a jokingly raised eyebrow. Mal scoffed. You pouted.

"Anyway," Ben interrupted before Mal could retaliate, "I thought you all could join us for lunch."

"Wait," the king said, "Maybe I'm old and forgetting things, but partners, you all?"

You let go of Mal's hand and crossed your arms, giving up with the pretense of politeness. "Yeah, partners. Is that a problem?"

The king stuttered and Belle tried to explain they meant no harm. A hand landed on your shoulder and you looked and saw Jay looking at you, asking if you need help. You smiled shook your head. He shrugged and wrapped his arm around you. Carlos took up Mal's right and Evie was on Jay's other side. You all watched as Belle muttered to the king and Ben nervously wrung his hands.

"Um, how about a game of croquet before lunch?" Belle asked, trying to awkwardly defuse the situation. The five you shared a few looks, confirming everyone was okay before Mal nodded.

"Sounds fun."

"Game on."

~Time Skip~

So the rest of Family Day didn't go as planned and now all the kids are either scared or disgusted by the five of you. Fun.

You were sat at the same lunch table, stabbing your food as you listened to Audrey gossip about you. Well, gossip isn't the right term because she was making sure you heard every word.

"How long does she think that's gonna last? Mal is just the bad girl infatuation," Audrey questioned, checking her nails.

"Yeah, she probably just wants to add Ben to her little harem," Jane added, eager to have Audrey like her. You clenched your fist on the table. Evie reached up and pulled it open, holding your hand.

"True!" Audrey exclaimed, 'subtlely' looking over at you. "I mean, you'd think they'd at least try to be normal. Huh, the five of them together, they're probably just faking it for attention."

Having enough, you stood up and stepped towards Audrey. Mal followed you while Jay backed you up. Evie and Carlos were behind him, watching for a teacher.

"Hey, if you're jealous that we've all found happiness with each other, then have enough respect to shut up about it," you raged. Audrey looked offended, but you didn't stop. "On the Isle, having somen you care about is almost unheard f. But you find someone safe? You stay, 'cause otherwise, you're dead. And we all just happened to find each other. And as for being 'normal', my normal has always been fighting to survive. I'd like to see you try to survive my 'normal'."

Audrey was stunned silent. In fact, the entire courtyard was quiet, everyone seemingly stopping to listen to you. Next to you, you read Mal mutter a spell. Jane's hair transformed into the old bob-cut she had. She screamed and the other girls that had Mal do their hair quickly ran away.

"Come on," Evie said, standing between you and Mal, grabbing your hands.

"I can't wait for tomorrow," Mal said, walking away and towards the dorm rooms. "Let's grab that wand and blow this Popsicle stand."

"We're rotten to the core."