17| The Bite

Gray stayed silent as he listened to Jesse, with his mouth open in shock

Gray stayed silent as he listened to Jesse, with his mouth open in shock. Jesse didn't allow Gray to interrupt until he finished telling him all about what happened, minus a few ridiculous details, like the werewolf part.

"And that's about it." A nervous smile formed on Jesse's lips. "Crazy shit, right?"

As soon as Jesse finished talking, Gray left his bed, clutching his head.

"Wait a minute!"

He paced back and forth, face reddening and veins pulsing at his neck. What Jesse just told him fueled his anger. Too much information has been given to him all at once. Too many weird events happened to Jesse in less than two days.

"Wait a fuckin' minute!"

Finally, Gray stopped pacing and opened his palms toward Jesse.

"He peed on you?" Gray sneered as he pronounced that disgusting word. "He literally peed on you?"

"I told you he's messed up." Jesse winced, already regretting telling Gray that little detail. If only he omitted that along with the werewolf parts of the story, he would have avoided this argument. "What kind of person does that? Right?"

"He-he really peed on you?" Gray scrunched his nose as he sneered even more in disgust.

"Yes!" Jesse scowled as he sat up, crossing his legs underneath him. "Would you stop saying it like that?"

Jesse felt dirty all of a sudden. Even though he cleaned himself after that weird encounter with T-Bone, he still felt dirty. Jesse lowered his head in shame when he saw the way Gray was looking at him. He loathed himself for letting that happen to him.

What kind of a man lets another man pee on him?

Jesse found himself revolting, disgusting. Gray must find him so disgusting too; maybe that was why he left the bed so quickly even though he was feeling a bit feverish.

"I took a shower. Alright?" still staring down, Jesse told Gray in a faint voice. "I'm clean."

"Jesse," Gray lowered his voice. "I didn't mean it like that."

"And it's not like I wanted to be covered with piss. OK?" Jesse frowned at Gray and raised his voice. "I didn't have a choice."

"I'm not mad at you!" Gray pointed his hands at Jesse. "I'm mad at that son of a bitch!"

Gray's hands squeezed into trembling murderous fists. His crazy eyes frightened Jesse to the point that he unintentionally moved backward to the edge of the bed.

Jesse flinched when he saw a glow in Gray's eyes, similar to the glow in T-Bone's eyes. The glow died out so quickly that Jesse thought he might have imagined it. He dismissed it as soon as it popped into his head.