3| Eaten Alive By Guilt

1 year later:

1 year later:

At a coffee shop, Gray sat quietly at a table alone, a cup in one hand and a phone in the other, busy checking his social media accounts.

Nothing changed about him in this past year. He had the same wavy, black hair, slightly hiding the left side of his face where the scar remained on his eyebrow. Those big, gentle, silver-colored eyes reflected the light from his screen. His sleeves were folded, displaying more hair covering his arms than before.

"Sorry, I'm late," said Jesse before he took his khaki-green jacket off and placed it on the chair next to Gray. "What did I miss?"

He sat down and peeked at Gray's phone.

"Hey!" Gray flipped his phone to hide the screen.

"Sorry." Jesse chuckled. "Old habits die hard." Jesse turned his head around, watching the door. "So, nobody arrived yet?"

"Yeah, but Liam texted me saying he's on his way."

"Good." Jesse adjusted himself on the chair and leaned closer to Gray. "Then we still got time."

"For what?"

"For you to tell me what's your GPA this semester." Jesse's eyes sparkled with anticipation.

"I'm not gonna tell you that." Gray scoffed.

"Why not?"

"'Cause you always make fun of me, that's why."

Gray tried to sound serious, but he failed to hide his smile. Every time he looked at those ridiculously blue eyes, he would lose himself in them. It was like staring at two pieces from heaven.

"Come on." Jesse pushed Gray with his elbow in a playful manner. "I'll tell you mine."

Gray took a moment to think, pursing his lips, then said, "All right."

He picked up his phone and logged into his university account. Once in, he viewed his scores before showing them to Jesse with a proud smirk.

"How?" Jesse brought his hands on his head, mind-blown. "How did you ace all your courses in college, too?!" He snatched the phone from Gray's hand. "Business school is nothing like high school, Gray. Nobody I know got straight As. Nobody!" He looked at him from the corners of his eyes. "Dude, you're not normal."

"I'm better than normal." He waggled his eyebrows and smiled proudly. "Why? What are your grades?"

Jesse shrugged a shoulder and said with a pout, "I'm not gonna tell you."

He slid the phone back to Gray and stared at the window, ignoring the subject.

"Excuse me?" Gray exclaimed. "We had a deal."

Jesse took his time before he faced Gray and taunted, "Well, I changed my mind."

Gray opened his mouth in disbelief, observing how Jesse sat there so confidently while crossing his arms against his chest in a daring way.