1| The Infamous Pool Party

Rave music

Rave music. Chips and dips. Grills sizzled. Punch drinks spilled, scattering questionable scents. Splashes and laughs. Teenagers in bikinis and shorts danced under disco lights. The wild, electrifying atmosphere in this ridiculously huge summer house made this the littest pool party of the year.

It was hot. It was dirty. And, let's not forget, illegal.

Everyone was having fun, except for one handsome guy with blonde hair who forced his way out of the crowd to find some seats.

"That's it!" he said before his lean, hairless torso plopped down on a chaise lounge. "I am sooo done with girls."

"It's nice to see you too, Jesse," said the guy in the chair next to him.

"I'm sorry." Jesse gave him a fist bump. "Good to see you, man." He grunted as he laid down, arms numb at his sides. "I'm just so pissed, you know? You think you know someone, but you don't."

"Lemme guess." His friend took a sip from a beer bottle in his hand before his next words. "Sarah ditched you."

"Sarah ditched me," Jesse admitted in a low tone. He lowered his head almost like he was embarrassed to say it. "I was hopin' that—"

"You would ditch her first?"

"Gray!"

"What?" The look of betrayal in Jesse's blue eyes made Gray chuckle. "Don't look so surprised." He brought the bottle to his lips for another sip.

"Gimme that." Jesse took Gray's drink. "Don't look so surprised," he mocked before gulping the rest of the beer.

"That's a new record for you, though. You've been seeing her for like what? A week?"

"I know! Right?" Jesse twisted his body to the side and nodded with a proud grin. "She should be thankful for that."

"Thankful?" Gray raised his left eyebrow; the one with a vertical scar that looked like it was shaved by accident. "Do you hear yourself right now?"

"You know what I mean." He sneered and turned away in a sudden pull. His beautiful face showing signs of a pouty child about to have a tantrum. "Nobody ditches me. Nobody! I ditch them first. I sleep with them one night and I break up with them the next day." He raised his palm for a dramatic shrug. "That's my style. The girls know it. They have to respect that, right?"

Gray shook his head and scoffed.

When Gray didn't answer, Jesse mumbled, "You're just jealous 'cause you're still a virgin." He sipped as if he didn't say anything.

"Excuse me?"

Gray's attempt to sound offended failed miserably. His voice was light, his mouth stretched into a sweet loving smile, and his gray-colored eyes twinkled whenever he looked at Jesse. If one could describe how Gray felt around him in one word, that would be 'Happy.' Gray was happy around his silly, cocky friend.