Chapter 14

"What's happening?! Is the demon coming after us now?!" Zenitsu panicked as he jumped up from the floor. Nezuko's box continued to shift as Zenitsu shook with fear.

"It's alright." Tanjiro tried to reassure the boy.

"What do you mean by that? Explain!" Zenitsu shrieked as he flailed around. Tanjiro sighed.

"Keep quiet. Zenitsu, it's middle of the night now." Tanjiro shushed Zenitsu who was now running around the room. The door to Nezuko's box creaked open, and Zenitsu screamed at the top of his lungs.

"WHY ISN'T IT LOCKED?!" He yelled as he trembled from the box. He dashed away from it, terror filling his body.

"Keep quiet." Tanjiro repeated, but Zenitsu only ignored him.

"Protect me! Protect me quickly!" He panicked, running over to the opposite side of the room.

"Kazumi! Save me!" He cried, and tried clinging to my blanket. I let out a small scream from his sudden pouncing, and launched him across the room again. "Why would you do that?! I'm going to die! Somebody protect me!" He rolled all over the ground and I only quietly listened.

"Even Inosuke will do!" He yelled, running back over to the boy who was still lying down.

"Stay away from me!" Inosuke shouted before kicking Zenitsu in the face, sending him flying across the room. He landed by Nezuko's box and rolled to a stop. He froze, fear consuming his body. I sensed Nezuko move within the box as she began to crawl her way out.

"It's coming out!" Zenitsu screamed as he dashed across the room and slammed open a door. "I must hide! I'm going to get eaten!" He panicked, trying to shove himself against a wall.

Before Zenitsu could climb into what I assumed was a closet, Nezuko emerged from the box. She let out a quiet hum, probably confused from Zenitsu's strange behavior.

"Hey Nezuko." Tanjiro greeted the girl.

"Good morning." I smiled as I waved at her. Zenitsu fell dead silent as Nezuko walked over to me. She pat my head with a delighted hum, and I let out a light laugh.

Zenitsu choked as he watched the two of us. He let out a surprised gasp, as Inosuke groaned beside me.

"Well that's enough activity for today..." He muttered before stretching out and he quickly began snoring. Did he fall asleep that fast?!

"I'll introduce you two. Nezuko is my-" Before Tanjiro could finish, Zenitsu spoke up.

"Tanjiro. You didn't..." He trailed off, his voice suddenly serious.

"Hey. What's wrong?" Tanjiro asked as Zenitsu's breath began to quicken.

"Tell me you didn't..." He repeated. "Who do you think you are?!" His voice suddenly rose, and I cocked my head in confusion. Nezuko walked back over to her brother.

"You're carrying such a cute girl with you! Carrying such a cute girl, you traveled around the world happily every day!

"Zenitsu! That's not-" Tanjiro tried to explain the situation, but Zenitsu cut him off again.

"Well then why did I bear all that pain and suffering?!  I didn't go all out so that you can flirt and have fun with a girl every day! Did I endure the kicks and punches from that monster boar for this?" Zenitsu freaked out as I just silently listened to him.

"Calm down, Zenitsu! What has gotten into you?!" Tanjiro exclaimed as Zenitsu continued to rage.

"You even get to travel with a demon slayer girl! Even if Kazumi is weird and scary, she's still a girl!" Zenitsu yelled, and I flinched.