Chapter 28

The three of us jumped into the hole, towards the demon's neck. We severed multiple eyes as we flew down, ready to finally kill this demon.

I noticed Tanjiro begin to falter, probably struggling with the demon's blood art. I jumped forwards, destroying all the eyes around Tanjiro, my blade slicing across all the pillars.

"I'm going to rush him, watch my back!" Inosuke yelled, diving down further.

"Beast Breathing! Third Fang! Slice and Dice!" The boy severed the multiple layers of skin guarding the neck bone. I gasped as the muscle quickly began to grow back, causing us to lose our chance.

"Spirit Breathing, sixth form! Spiral of Death!" I gripped my sword, spinning around and slashing my blade across the regenerating muscle in a spiral motion, exposing the neck bone again.

Tanjiro was close behind me as he raised his sword above his head.

"Hinokami Kagura! Clear Blue Sky!" He shouted before striking the bone, destroying the neck. A loud shriek sounded from the demon as Tanjiro successfully cut its neck off.

The train began to shake as it started to derail. I gasped as the environment around me began to become overwhelming overwhelming confusing as the whole structure shook.

"It's going to roll over! Are you two okay?!" Tanjiro called out, and I grabbed onto the nearest thing, which happened to be Inosuke's arm.

"Are we okay?! Is your stomach okay?" Inosuke asked, lifting his other arm to grab mine as he balanced me. Tanjiro winced as he touched his side, and I could practically smell the blood from here.

"Inosuke, Kazumi, protect passengers-" He choked out before the train completely derailed, sending us flying.

Inosuke shifted his hold on me, now carrying me bridal style as he landed safely on the ground. I gripped onto his shoulder, shaken by the odd feeling of me not being able to sense anything a minute ago due to all the commotion.

"Are you okay, Kazumi?" He asked, his voice a little frantic.

"Yes, I'm fine. Thank you, Inosuke." I bowed my head down slightly as I thanked the boy. Inosuke nodded as he put me down, and I noticed all the rubble around us.

"Where's Tanjiro?" I asked, causing Inosuke to tense.

"Santaro?! Are you alright?!" Inosuke yelled, running towards a fallen body. I followed him, leaning over Tanjiro.

"Tanjiro, are you okay?" I asked, my voice much quieter than Inosuke's.

"Pull yourself together! Did you just see me bounce off that demon's flesh just now?!" Inosuke yelled, kneeling next to Tanjiro. I winced as the wound in my shoulder ached when I reached out for Tanjiro.

"Wait, what am I saying?! You got two got stabbed, right?! How's your stomach?!" Inosuke gasped as he shook Tanjiro.

"Kazumi! Is your shoulder alright?!" He shot his head up, turning in my direction.

"I'm fine! I'm more concerned for Tanjiro! He's definitely got it worse!" I exclaimed, resting my hand against Tanjiro's abdomen, feeling his blood soaked uniform.

"I'm.. Alright..." Tanjiro choked out, not sounding very convincing. "How about you, Inosuke?"

"I've never felt better! Not a scratch on me!" Inosuke yelled.

"I don't... think I can... move yet. Can you... help the others... see if anyone is hurt... that engineer, is he alright?" Tanjiro struggled, and Inosuke paused.

"Let him die for all I care!" Inosuke yelled, clearly pissed just from the thought of the man.

"Inosuke..." I sighed, shaking my head.