Chapter 35

"That's a question I should be asking you." A female demon's voice rang out from afar.

"How would you like it if someone started messing with your food?" She continued, and Inosuke let out a confused grunt.

"She doesn't care. Let's me take whatever I want." I sensed him pointing at me, and I jumped.

"I don't think that's the point-" I was cut off by a loud scoff from the intruding demon.

"Dirty man. You reek of filth! Disgusting! Repulsive. You damn stinkbug!" She insulted, and I tilted my head, trying to identify what this demon was and where it came from.

"Is... the belt um... talking?" I asked, my hand still on Inosuke's arm.

"Yeah. It's pretty disturbing." He casually replied, both of us ignoring her harsh words as she growled in frustration.

"Ew..." We both muttered at the same time, the idea of a talking evil belt odd and gross when you knew it stored humans in it.

"You filthy creatures! Do not ignore me! I refuse to be insulted by disgusting filthy pieces of dirt!" She yelled, and Inosuke stepped forward.

"Look who's talking, you worm! Gross!" He yelled back, and I covered my mouth as I accidentally let out a small laugh.

"How dare you, stinkbug?! And you-" I sensed her turn to me. "Shut your damn mouth, pig!" She yelled, and I glanced over in its direction.

"Huh?" I was surprised as Inosuke suddenly lunged forward, drawing his swords.

"Come here you wretched thing!" He yelled at the belt, and I jumped over the cloth as it quickly whipped towards us.

"Silence, insect!" She shouted as the belt began to whip around and move in all directions, attacking us.

"Wriggle wriggle wriggle wriggle!" Inosuke yelled, mocking it as he slice a piece off. "You are really grossing me out, Worm Belt!" He yelled as he sliced another piece.

I yelped as I jumped over another piece, quickly slicing one up behind me without turning around. I ducked under another piece and kept myself from cutting it up as I realized something.

"Ew! It slithered away!" I let out a squeal at the gross vibrations of the piece I severed retreating.

"Look how sluggish you are! You got greedy and swallowed up too many humans! There's no way an attack from an overweight worm can even hope to land on Lord Inosuke!" The boy laughed as he jumped around, cutting the belt up.

"So lose some weight, and don't come back until you have!" He yelled, cutting up the pieces as I sensed humans falling to the ground. I swiftly slid across the ground, catching the people as I set them down carefully.

"Inosuke! Free the captured people! I can't cut it!" I yelled, as I sheathed my sword at my realization.

"Huh?! But it's so easy! Don't tell me you got weaker!" He shouted as he freed a few more humans.

"No, I can't see where people are on the belt and I don't want to accidentally hurt someone!" I replied, catching the two new people who fell.

"Oh right! Then leave it to me, Lord Inosuke!" He yelled and laughed, jumping around the now pissed off belt.

I sensed the fabric pause, as if it was communicating with someone else. Inosuke quickly took that opportunity to go for the face, or whatever it was talking out of. The fabric went limp, making it hard for Inosuke to cut as it flailed around.

"I can't slash it when it's flapping like that!" He exclaimed before the belt quickly made an attack to his face. He let go of his swords, ducking back as he dodged the strike from the belt. He kicked his swords up as he landed on the ground, catching them.