Chapter Three - Lover

He steps into the room, silently shutting the door behind him, then walks to me, pressing a tender kiss to my forehead. "Hey, baby." His voice sounds hoarse, presumably from shouting plays on the football field during his long practice.

My grin morphs into a softer smile. "Hey."

I place my book onto my nightstand as he steps away, now rummaging through his dresser for some different clothes.

He strips his sweaty shirt and pants off, quickly pulling athletic shorts over his boxers before turning back toward me.

He's muscular, to say the least, with his prominent ab muscles and built arms, though he's never too fit to a point where the amount of muscle on his body looks... abnormal.

I tear my gaze from his body back up to his eyes, already staring back at me in humor.

"Babe, I've got to go down to the bathroom to finish getting ready for bed. I'll be back up in five minutes. Okay?" He offers me a small smile.

I tiredly shoo him past the door and down the stairs, but stop and lazily point a finger at his retreating back. "I'll be counting the seconds, baby! No longer than five minutes, or I'm barging in and kidnapping you as my cuddle slave!"

I just get a tired, melodic laugh in response.

I'm so tired, by the time I reach the top of the stairs to the attic and enter the room, I collapse onto the nearest bed, which just so happens to be Luca's.

I pull the comforter and blankets over me and cuddle into the pillows, inhaling his scent.

He wasn't lying at school earlier.

I do love his scent, it's a perfect mixture of vanilla and pine, as well as a slight hint of aftershave, which just makes it even better.

The bed dips down behind me, and I sigh in content as his arms wrap around my waist, drawing me closer to his chest. He buries his face in the crook of my neck, then kisses the spot. "What was the best part of your day, Ara? Besides now, because I know that's how you would've responded had I not said anything."

I let a small laugh escape my lips and I place my hand over his around my waist, lacing our fingers together. I always appreciate how he asks open-ended questions that had to be responded with something other than words like 'good' or 'bad', it really shows how much he cares about my response to the question.

"Lunch. Because, even though it's never the best interaction, I always get to see you."

I let go of his hand and turn in his arms so I'm facing him. Unconsciously, my hands wander up to the nape of his neck, my fingers playing with the short strands of hair.

"How was practice? I didn't see you this morning or tonight too much. Double practices lately?"

He sighs and caresses the skin just below my ear, causing an involuntary shiver to rush down my spine. "Yeah, Coach really wants us to win the championship game this year, so he's pushing us harder: weights in the morning and field practice in the afternoon. Sorry I'm not here as much lately, baby."

I press my forehead against his and release a small sigh. "It's okay, Luca, it just annoys me that I love you so much but I'm forced to pretend I hate you everywhere but here."

"I know amore mío, I love you and hate it just as much as you do."

I nod and he pulls my head slightly closer to his, pressing his soft lips on mine. I bury my fingers in his hair as our lips move in perfect sync with each other. Gently, beautifully.