Forget me not(3)

Major fluff ahead. Enjoy.

_____________________________________.

A week had passed since the unfortunate incident of Maya forgetting her memories and they had had no luck yet. Carina used to return home after her shift every night and would spend the rest of the hours telling Maya stories about everything she had forgotten.

It was Sunday and Carina was making breakfast in the kitchen when she was presented with a question, "Is Gabriella real?"

She halted her movements and turned around to see Maya leaning over the kitchen island with the help of her elbows. Maya was dressed in her favorite black hoodie after her shower.

"Gabriella? Why do you ask?" Carina questioned her as she wiped her hands with the cloth on the kitchen counter.

"Because I had a dream last night where someone named Gabriella was here and she was your...friend and you guys were laughing at some old album photographs," Maya said recalling the dream, "And it just seemed too real..."

Maya noticed Carina's face light up after hearing her, "It wasn't a dream Maya. Gabriella is a real person and she is my friend. Everything you just described has happened in the past when she was here after Andrea died."

"Oh!"

Carina saw Maya turn red and realized that Maya might have been embarrassed to recall that she was jealous of Gabriella.

She spun around to spear her from further embarrassment and got back to preparing the breakfast. Maya moved around to make her usual Kale smoothie which Carina thought was almost equal to an assault on one's taste buds.

Maya was about to walk towards the hall with her smoothie but was stopped by Carina's voice, "Hey can you help me with the flour kept on the top shelf. I can't reach it."

Maya turned around looking incredulously, "Really Carina? I knew you were too good to be true."

"What?" Carina asked confused.

"Way to make fun of me for being short. If you can't reach something, how will I do it?" Maya said rolling her eyes.

"Oh my God! No..." Carina let out a chuckle before continuing, "I wasn't trying to make fun of you Maya. It's just that- I forgot that you don't remember."

"Don't remember what?"

"Nothing, never mind."

"No, tell me." Maya insisted as she moved closed to Carina and placed her smoothie on the counter.

"It's just that whenever I could not reach something...you used to pick me up so I could reach it. I forgot that you don't remember doing that." Carina spoke apologetically.

"Oh!"

"Yeah."

Carina turned around and while she was thinking about bringing a chair to stand up on, she suddenly felt a pair of arms snake around her lower waist. And within seconds her feet were in air.

Her breath hitched as she felt Maya this close to her in a long time but also felt as if she had breathed for the first time in the past week. She soon retreated from her reverie and grabbed the pack of flour that she wanted.

Maya put her back on ground and loosened her grip but didn't move.

Carina placed the flour box on the counter before spinning around in her arms. Their faces were so close that their noses were almost brushing together. Carina was surprised that Maya didn't made any efforts to move away form her or look away to avoid meeting her eyes as she had done the past whole week whenever they ended up close.