Baby talk

Just a very wholesome chapter. Enjoy!

!Major fluff!

A loooot of dialogues btw...

__________________________________.

Carina returned home late and leaned against the doorway leading into the hall, trying to control her giggles as she watched her wife's concentrated look. The concentration part was not funny but, what she was concentrating on was definitely hilarious. It was a book that had baby names. And Maya trying to read it looked cute to her wife. Her brows were furrowed as if it was something she wasn't able to understand. 

She slowly approached Maya from behind and draped her arms around her neck as she bent to place a kiss on her cheek. Maya dropped the book in her lap as she placed her hands on Carina's arms and turned her head to greet her wife with a huge smile.

"Hello, gorgeous."

"Hi, bella. I see that you are very dedicatedly working at the task that has been assigned to you," Carina said chuckling. 

Maya let out a sigh, "I don't even know why Andy is trusting me with this!" 

"Don't worry to much about it, you've got this. I'll join you after a shower," The brunette placed another kiss on her head and walked into their bedroom.

When she returned, she saw Maya still sitting in the same position. She climbed on the couch beside her and cuddled against her, placing her head on her chest. She pulled a blanket lying on the arm chair and covered both their bodies with it. Maya held the book with one hand and wrapped the other around her wife.

Maya had her reading glasses on which has slid down her nose a little so Carina pushed it back up, "So, which ones do you like?"

Maya held her hand, "Honestly, there are so many good ones like Ivana, Francesca and Camilla...or- my favorite one is Valeria which means-"

Carina cut her off, "Strength, I know." 

Maya looked surprised, "Wait, how and why do you know that?" 

"My dear Captain, are you forgetting that you wifey is an OB? I deliver babies and as amusing as it sounds many single mothers ask suggestions for good baby names so, I have done a fair share of research myself."

Maya put the book on the table beside the couch and spoke up, "Why did you not tell me that before? I won't have wasted so much time reading that whole damn book!"

Carina laughed as she sat up straight and guided Maya's to sit across her, cross legged, "Because Andy trusted you, to select a good name for her baby, not me. And what you have picked are all ragazza names, what if Andy gives birth to a ragazzo?"

"Well, first of all, I don't understand the point of keeping the sex of the baby a secret until the very end and, second of all, I have picked good boy names also like...Jacques, Sebastian, Pierre and... my personal favorite is Javier."

"Wow, those are some really good names. Andy's gonna be happy with your work! I-" She stopped herself.

Maya noticed a sparkle in her eyes, whose meaning she knew very well. Carina was holding back from saying what she wanted to so Maya took her hands in her own, giving them a light squeeze, "You can say what you want to." 

"What? No- I...no-" 

"Carina, I know how your eyes shine when you what to say something that is close to your heart, so you can say it out loud...I know what you want to say and I don't want you to hold back," Maya said with a smile. 

"Bambina...It's just that seeing you do all this makes me wonder how amazing you will be when we will have our own babies. And I know that it's probably too soon, therefore, I'm so sorry for bringing it up but I just couldn't help myself because you are so incredibly perfect helping Andy out with her pregnancy. But, I know we still have to talk about all this and figu-"