f I f t y t w o

Personally, Presley was glad that Rick had caught her. By catching her, it showed that she was still independent and wouldn't bide to every rule thrown her way. Yes, it made her dangerous, but it also made her a survivor. Not only that, but now she had Zeva at her side.

Really, Presley did need a new bra and could use some fresh meat, but what she was really after was things for Maggie. The girl needed whatever the hell pregnant people needed, but she wasn't prepared to tell anybody of the news yet. She hadn't told Maggie of her mission, as the girl was still sleeping soundly in the room. Somebody had to do something.

She took her time. She'd already mapped out her destination, and as long as she kept the sun on her left side she'd make it to the neighboring town. She didn't dawdle, as she was still afraid that something would grab her by the throat and her life would be over. Zeva walked swiftly at her side, her angular head swinging back and forth.

Much to her relief, the town was mostly empty, which was exactly what she was hoping for. She allowed herself to slow down, glancing up at the position of the sky. While Rick was a bit of a push over, she had no doubt that he would send people after her- including him. Judging by the position of the sun in the sky, however... She had more than enough time.

She grabbed herself a new bra and snagged another jar of peanut butter. Maggie had gone through half a jar in just one night. At this rate, Presley would be out of that stuff in just a few days. It seemed to be the only thing that could spice up stale saltines.

It was funny how before, they could go to almost any restaurant and request whatever their little hearts desired. That could be a steak, chicken alfredo, or even just a bowl of fruit. Now they had to work for even the smallest of meals, even if it was just a handful of stale crackers. Chicken wings weren't on the menu anymore.

Now the hard part.

She'd never shopped for a pregnant woman before. She didn't know what kind of drugs she would need. All she knew was that Maggie needed protein pills since she lacked it so much. Judging by the amount of peanut butter she'd been practically inhaling, she needed a lot of them. She went to the nearest drug store and snagged from protein pills from behind the counter.

She stood there and stared at the arrangement of drugs for a few minutes before she just started grabbing whatever was left. There weren't any major painkillers, but she did manage to snag some ibuprophen and allergy pills. By the time she walked out of the drugstore, her bag was rattling from the pills within the plastic containers.

She began to make her way back to Woodbury, whistling merrily through her teeth. She was pleased with the things she had found on the run. Most the things had been picked over, but she'd gotten a few good things- including a jar of honey.

A twig snapped and Zeva growled. Presley was prepared, raising her bow and whipping around while back pedaling at the same time. Her muscles were clenched, ready to dodge any sort of attack that came her way. She paled at the sight of large, patient brown eyes.

Her already iron grip on the bow tightened.

"Who are you?" She hissed. Zeva, sensing her master's discomfort, crouched and bared her teeth in a threatening way. The same dog that had the gentleness to be trusted around a newborn baby was also a lethal weapon. It seemed to be the one the man was most wary of.

He had a gun in his hand, but it wasn't pointed at her. He held it by the barrel and lowered it to the ground, flicking his eyes between Zeva and Presley multiple times. "You don't have to be afraid, Presley."

"Who the hell are you?" She spat. "Have you been following me?"

"Yes." The man said simply. She continued to glower at him.

"Why?"

"I am a friend of Rick's." He said. His dark skin glistened with sweat. He was nervous. He knew that if she relaxed just a few muscles, the arrow would fly into his brain and drop him. One word from Presley's mouth, or a wrong move on his part, and Zeva would be lunging at his throat. He couldn't run away now. If he ran, he would be caught. He knew this the moment that he made the choice to approach her that his chance of living and making it out alive were unfortunately slim.

But, he knew Presley. He knew what words to say and what words not to say.

"I met your friend Michonne, too." He added. She continued to study him, biting down on her lip.

"What do you want, then?" He sighed with relief to see her muscles relax the slightest. The drawn bow slumped in her hands.

"A chance to speak." Zeva's growl rumbled through the trees once more. "Before you put an arrow in my eye."

"Fine." She lowered the bow, but didn't call Zeva off. She was being cautious. "How do I know that you're really a friend of Rick's and not just a man that has been following us?"

"Do you remember that radio he used to carry around the Prison?" The man dug into his pocket slowly. He raised a black object with a long antenna sticking out of it. "This is the other one. They weren't radios- they were walkie talkies." She pursed her lips thoughtfully.

"I had a son about Carl's age. I lived in the town that Rick did, just a few blocks away from the hospital where he woke up." He could see the amazement in her eyes, and he felt relief. She knew that he wasn't lying.

"I am a friend of Rick's." He said again, "I am Morgan."

Muwahaha so she knows who the stalker is now

Paris8071 guessed 'Morgan' as the stalker. So she get's a shout out. She's also really awesome and comments like all the time. She definitely deserves a follow. C:

XxDeadFuzzyxX guessed the correct name with 'Triggerfinger'. With the events that will be going on in the next book, the title will be quite appropriate. So congratulations, you'll the very first chapter dedicated to you. <3

So who's your guys' favorite character. It can be one of the ones I made up or one from the show. The ones that are mine are: Zeva, Presley, and Stefan.

Remember to vote <3

Follow me on twitter @goddeesw