Chapter 4

What just happened earlier. That man was so mean. Why couldn't I look away from him... What's wrong with me. He had golden cat slit eyes. His skin was pale and his hair was of a dark blue colour with greenish streaks. I so do hope to meet him again...

"Luminee!!! WAKE UPP! Me Iss Hungry!"Paimon complained

For the first time in Teyvat, Lumine did not have any nightmares (kind of). She dreamt of.. him. Sadly for her, she was abruptly awoken by Paimon, the food monster. "Ugh fine... "

Lumine reluctantly got up and so they headed to the restaurant in Wangshu Inn. It was peaceful there and unusually quiet. Taking advantage of this Paimon went ahead to order The Golden Crab which, by the name suggests, cost a fortune. Lumine glared at Paimon as they only had around 10, 000 Mora left." Sorry, I guess we'll have to share now." Paimon guiltily asked for forgiveness.

While they were waiting for their order, Lumine noticed a familiar shadow go by. She felt a familiar presence the previous day. Her heart was once again beating at an abnormally fast pace. It was then when she realised it was Xiao eating his usual Almond Tofu in front of them. "Oh look, It's Xiao! Hi Xiao!!! Do you wanna sit with us?" Paimon greeted.

No response.

It was obvious he was ignoring her but not to Paimon. "Why didn't he answer. I was being all nice. Why is he so ignorant." Paimon whispered to Xiao.

"Hmph, I can hear you. You can stop being a nuisance and keep quiet!" Xiao scoffed.

"All Paimon wanted to say was hi. Why are you being so mean to her." Lumine stood up for her friend.

After gulping down his last bite he turned around and glared at Lumine. "Ugh, you mortals, always so vulnerable to your feelings." He vexed clearly unappreciating how Paimon was feeling right now.

Paimon who was saddened turned around and disappeared into her world. She was very upset as she did not like this feeling of sadness and guilt. Lumine who was offended by his words asked," Why are you always so cold and mean towards everyone. Even Verr Goldet told us that you were cold to others too."

Xiao rolled his eyes and vanished, pretending the conversation never happened.

______________________

Xiao(POV):

Why do mortals get offended so easily? That floating fairy was so unnecessarily loud and sensitive. It's not my fault they get hurt so easily. Though, I do feel a bit bad.

______________________

Lumine(POV)

Why is he so selfish and annoying. Ughhh. It's fine when someone is mean to me but with Paimon. I did not expect my next meeting with him to go so badly. He HAS to apologise.

______________________

Lumine went ahead and returned her plate. Right after she went outside the Inn and called for Paimon making sure she was far enough from there. "Paimon! Paimonn! I'm out of the Inn so you can come out now!"

Paimon popped back with tears swelled up in her eyes. Lumine went ahead and hugged Paimon as tight as she could. I am sorry about him Paimon, I'm sure he did not mean what he said.

"Yes, I'm sorry about earlier. I am not usually in a good mood around people." Xiao came out behind a nearby tree, apologising. "I guess I owe you now. I will come with you to the Rite Of Descension ONLY to fulfil your commission. I asked Verr Goldet."

Xiao handed their Golden Crab " Apologise to Lumine too. You were also rude to her!" Paimon angrily said.

Xiao sighed in and reluctantly said," I don't apolo- sorry Lumine. When are we leaving for Liyue Harbor."

"Now," answered Lumine. Paimon and Lumine hurriedly gulped down the crab and they went on their way to Liyue Harbor.