Chapter 5

Walking with Xiao to Liyue Harbor now felt a bit awkward between them. Lumine tried to relieve the tension by asking Xiao if he liked Adventuring but instead got a harsh answer.

"I do not linger among the lives of Mortals and have to fulfil my role as an adepti. Adventuring is for Mortals."

"Okay... Then what do you do in your free time." Lumine curiously asked.

"Fulfilling my duties as an Adepti leave me with no free time due to all the Karma I've accumulated." Answered Xiao

"What Karma?" pondered Paimon.

Sigh.."I'd rather not talk about it."

Lumine and Paimon looked at each other, intrigued. " I usually do NOT part take in mortal festivities like the Rite Of Descension but since I may have hurt you and do not want to add to my karma, I am joining this time. DO NOT THINK I WILL DO THIS AGAIN.' Said Xiao in a threatening tone.

'Huh, you may have hurt me. You don't want to add to your Karma? Paimon will definitely NOT ask you to join again. " Scoffed Paimon.

Paimon and Xiao glared at each other and looked at each other as if they were doing a staring contest. Lumine could feel and anger and tension rising between them and decided to intertwine. "So... there are some Hilichurls up ahead. Why don't we clear their camp?"

"Ok, but I will do it myself. You wouldn't want to hurt yourself. " Xiao looked at Lumine in the eye for a few seconds before going.

Lumine was speechless. She wanted to let off some steam by eradicating the Hilichurls but she could not say no to him. It was also not normal for him to care for her. Lumine was very shocked.

By the time she realised what had just happened, Xiao appeared right behind her which gave her a scare. "Omg, don't do that again. U scared me. I thought you were clearing the camp?"

"I've finished. I won't do that again. I mean scare you from behind." Xiao replied

Why is Xiao being so nice to me. Something is odd. HE IS USUALLY NOT LIKE THIS ,WHAT IS HAPPENING!?

__________________

Xiao(POV)

What is wrong with me. Why am I apologising and being nice to her? Why does my chest feel heavy whenever I look at her. Hmph, probably something from the hilichurl fight.

___________________

Paimon tried to inspect if something was going on between the two of them.

Hmm, Xiao is usually not this nice. Why was he apologising to Lumine and not saying anything offensive about mortals? Something is suspicious. Also, why is Lumine's face all red? Grrr, I wanna know.🧐

"Lumine, why is your face red? Is it something I said?" Xiao wanted to know.

"Uhh, my face isn't red ha-ha-ha....." Lumine nervously denied." Oh, we are here hehe. Let's go fasterr!"

Lumine started jogging towards the gate of Liyue Harbor so no one could see her face. Xiao and Paimon looked at each other, confused. Paimon hurried to keep up with Lumine as they all laughed off what just happened.

~~~

Hey, hope that you are enjoying the story. Don't forget to give suggestions!! I may not be able to update for a few days but I will publish more parts at a time the next time I update:)