chapter 6

*Disclaimer:The events happening in this story may be slightly different to the game to follow the storyline.*

Once they stepped foot in Liyue harbor, they were welcomed by decorations for the Rite of Descension.

"Whoaa it's Soo pretty!!!" Paimon admired.

Xiao grabbed the straw hat that was just lying on a stall and put it on." Hmph... I don't want to grab attention to myself. "

" Don't worry, no one is going to pay attention to you Xiao. There's always me!" Lumine proudly boasted." I- I mean with that hat you won't get noticed hehe!" Lumine corrected herself realizing what she had just said.

"Hmm..." Paimon suspiciously agreed

______________

What.... did she just say? Does she mean-

______________

Xiao's thoughts got interrupted by Paimon who got overexcited over the newly installed food stall. Apparently, it was set up for the Rite Of Descension." YAYY! NEW FOOOD!!"

"Wait we have to consider the pri-" Before Lumine could even finish her sentence, Paimon went ahead and ordered some food. "How much?" Lumine asked the food vendor, angrily.

Lumine paid the mora and then gave Paimon the death scare. "Oops. Did I order withouts thinking again? Hehe"

While all of this was happening, Xiao was trying to piece together what had happened before.
_____________________

Her face turned red. By Red I mean tomato red. And she kept blushing when talking to me. What is this human behavior. Something is Suspicious....
_____________________

Xiao also had a very bad feeling something was going to happen. He was not the most comfortable when it came to crowds. Luckily he was wearing this hat or everyone would have been able to recognize him.

Lumine and the others headed for the place where the Rite Of Descension was going to take place. Lumine placed her wish (" I wish to be reunited with my brother again")

That was when a lady entered the central monument. She had long white hair tied into a bun and was tall. Her attire was of gold and white signifying Liyue. There was a pendant on her forehead too. 

 I bet she is Ningguang of the Liyue Qixing

There was a huge crowd gathering the  central monument. Lumine tried to go in front but Xiao firmly held her hand. He gave her a look that she could never forget. For the first time he gave her gave a worried look. So then she decided to stay at the back with him. Paimon stayed hovering over them.

Ningguang looked up at the sky to see if the sun was at the correct position."The hour is upon us" she said as she used her geo vision to summon Rex Lapis. There was a whit cloud which turned grey and storm like.

A Dragon smashed on the table which the Rite of Descension was prepared. Suddenly everyone started whispering to each other. Xiao, Lumine and Paimon looked at each other, confused.

"REX LAPIS IS DEAD" announced Ningguang.

Xiao's face was filled with horror."Both if you stay put!" He sternly said. We made eye contact and then he disappeared.

Paimon and Lumine were very confused."He just disappeared! How could he do that!"Paimon complained.

Xiao's paper hat fell to the floor which Lumine firmly hugged.

Everyone was left in shock.

Thank you for waiting everyone! I know it has been a very long wait since the last chapter but I had exams.   Now I will post a chapter around once a week now so stay tuned:)

Btw if u have feedback or want to correct any of my grammer feel free to do so ;)