Chapter 7

_________________

                                                                    What happened to Rex Lapis

                                                                What is going to happen to me 

          Xiao started panicking at the fact that Rex Lapis was gone. He was actually gone.

_______________

"WHERE IN THE WORLD DID HE GO?!" Paimon was fuming.  Lumine was very confused. 

________________

Why would he leave us like that. I thought he cared about us especially after what he did to Paimon.

________________

"Rex Lapis has been killed. Seal the exits" Ningguang exclaimed

Guards started swarming the place. They started questioning everyone. Lumine was worried since she and Paimon were at the front watching the Rite of Descension. Lumine ran and hid behind a pillar. She wanted to head for the stairs which were to her left. While creeping back slowly, she stepped on a piece of glass. This alerted the guards and she sprinted. She ran down the stairs as fast as her legs could take her. Paimon floated as fast she could. Guards were chasing her front and back. She soon got cornered at the stair junction. 

Lumine summoned her sword and Paimon hid behind her. Out of the blue, water arrows were shot from behind. Saying " Hey, girlie," a guy jumped from behind holding a bow. He had distinct light brown hair. He had a red scarf and a grey outfit. She could not see him clearly. He turned his bow into water then split it into two forming 2 daggers on his hand. He knocked out the guards with ease. He then looked at Lumine with his ocean blue eyes and asked her to follow him. 

They ran until they were out of sight from the guards and ended up going behind an antique shop. "Paimon, why are you panting. All u did was float while i had to run all this way." Lumine joked.

"HEYYY, DON'T SAY THAT! U dont know how hard floating arou- wait who are you?" Paimon then asked the stranger. 

" Call me Childe" He said while grinning widely. "HAHA funny name" Paimon Laughed.

"haha, its an alias of sorts" Childe continued grinning. Lumine noticed few more features of his. He had a hydro vision tied to his waist which explains the arrows and daggers. His shirt was not fully buttoned on so part of his stomach above his vision was visible. He also had a mask with a familiar symbol on it. "By the way, in Mondstadt, did you perhaps come across someone named Signora?" 

It all made sense now. HE IS A FATUI HARBINGER. Given his fighting ability, his control of his vision and the mark. Its a fatui mark. Lumine went to a defensive stance. Paimon was trying to make sense of it. "Signora... Childe... AHH YOU'RE FATUI. ONE OF THE HARBINGERS!!"

"Whoa, whoa.... chill. I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm not looking for a fight." Childe cheekily said.

Lumine did not change her stance. "Signora must have really given a bad impression," Childe continued. "I've heard of your deeds in Mondstadt and couldn't help to notice you earlier. I had my eye on you the whole time so I know you didn't kill Rex Lapis." Childe looked straight into Lumine's eyes. 

He then gave Lumine a Sigil Of Permission. "Listen, I need your help. I know I'm a Harbinger and cannot be trusted but i promise you will get a generous reward from me if you do it. All you need to do is meet an adepti in Jueyun Karst. Give him the sigil, then explain what happened today. He will tell you what to do."

Lumine looked at him suspiciously and wanted to say something when paimon interrupted."A generous reward. Ok we agree but what is it."

"Could be anything. Mora or something you desire." Childe looked at Lumine again.

"Okie Lumine let's go! We have MORA OR FOOD waiting for us :D"

Lumine was highly suspicious of Childe. She felt like he was behind something. They went ahead with Childe watching them leave.