CHAPTER 7: The Hussle

Nick pushing a Baby Fox in a stroller, who sleeps and snores. He closes the lid after a hippo passerby gives him a look. Judy drives next to them.

Judy: Hi! Hello! It's me again.

Nick: Hey, it's Officer Toot-toot!

Judy: Ha ha ho... No. Actually, it's Officer Hopps and I'm here to ask you some questions about a case.

Nick: What happened, meter maid? Did someone steal a traffic cone? It wasn't me.

Judy blocks the sidewalk, blaring her siren on her car.

Nick: Hey, Carrots, you're gonna wake the baby. I gotta get to work.

Judy, hops out of the car with the file and a carrot pen

Judy: This is important, sir. I think your ten dollars worth of pawpsicles can wait.

Nick: Ha! I make two hundred bucks a day, Fluff. Three hundred and sixty-five days a year since I was twelve. And time is money. Hop along.

Judy: Please, just look at the picture. (shows a close-up picture of Emmitt) You sold Mr. Otterton that pawpsicle, right? Do you know him?

Nick: I know everybody. And I also know that somewhere, there's a toy store missing its stuffed animal. So why don't you get back to your box?

Judy: [her smiles drops, then becomes serious] Fine. Then we'll have to do this the hard way.

in a quick second, a clink is heard, and there is a parking boot attached to Nick's stroller. Mike steps into frame. (With Mike's hands on his vest resting.

Nick: Did you just boot my stroller?

Mike: Nicholas Wilde, you are under arrest!

Nick Wilde: For what? (Mockingly) Hurting your girlfwends feewings?

Mike: Felony tax evasion. Yeeaah... two hundred dollars a day, three hundred and sixty-five days a year since you were twelve, that's two decades, so times twenty which is... hmmm, how much is that Officer Hopps

Judy: if I had to guess.. one million four hundred sixty thousand - I think, (laughing) I mean I am just a dumb bunny, but we are good at multiplying. That's why we're everywhere. Anyway, according to your tax forms, you reported, let me see here, Officer Kruger, how does Mr Wilde's tax reforms look?

Mike: Zero. (Nick's face freezes in fear) Unfortunately, lying on a federal form is a punishable offense. Five years jail time.

Nick: Well, it's my word against two rookies.

Judy pulls out her carrot pen and plays back Nick's confession

Nick's voice: (Through carrot pen) ...two hundred bucks a day, Fluff. Three hundred and sixty-five days a year since I was twelve.

Judy: Actually, it's your word against yours. And if you want this pen, you're going to help us find this poor missing otter, or the only place you'll be selling pawpsicles is the prison cafeteria

 And if you want this pen, you're going to help us find this poor missing otter, or the only place you'll be selling pawpsicles is the prison cafeteria