CHAPTER 13: Predators and Prey

Judy, Mike, and Nick run out of the subway station, which leads them inside the Natural History Museum, which is closed. The two run through the many exhibits and before long find themselves looking at the exit that will lead them to the ZPD.

Judy: Look, there it is!

Mike: We're almost there!

Bellwether: Judy! Michael!

They see Bellwether with two Sheep Cops urgently heading their way.

Judy: Mayor Bellwether! We found out what's happening. Someone's darting predators with a serum. That's what's making them go savage!

Bellwether: I'm so proud of you, Judy. You did just a super job.

Judy: Thank you, ma'am!

But Mike stops her.

Mike: Wait, Judy! How did you'll know where to find us?

Bellwether: I'll go ahead and take that case, now.

Judy: Uh, you know what, I think Mike, Nick and I will just take this to the ZPD.

They turn around to leave only to find a large, sinister-looking ram blocking their way. He stares at them menacingly and cracks his neck, ready to attack.

Mike: crap, Judy! Nick! Run!

Judy and Nick run back into the museum, with Judy holding onto the case for dear life.

Dawn Bellwether: Get them!

The two rams go after Judy and Nick, while Mike squares up against one them. Mike runs full force on all fours and clashes with the rams horns. but the ram was able get one of his horns cut Mike's arms then his one of his legs. Mike starts to get angry, he snarl's at the ram. With the ram he charges towards Mike, but he was able the dodge. Getting right behind the ram, Mike grabs him and lifts him up then slam him down with so much force knocking out the ram. Leaving Mike so tired huffing and puffing.

Mike: Hope you stay down, now it's time to find Judy and Nick.

Mike nearly falls to the ground in pain from his wounds. But he finds the strength to back up. They Run, trying to lose them through a closed section of the museum where many exhibit pieces are laying on the floor. Judy trips on a tusk display, cutting her leg badly. She falls over, grunting in pain.

Nick: Carrots! I got you. Come here.

Nick quickly carries her over to a nearby wall. Judy sits back wincing over her cut.

Nick: Okay, just relax.

He takes out his handkerchief to wrap Judy's leg. But he accidentally spills a few blueberries on the floor.

Nick: Whoops! Blueberry?

Judy: Pass.

Nick eats the blueberry and tends to her leg. In the distance they hear Bellwether's voice suddenly calls out. Her silhouette is shown behind the curtain.

Bellwether: Come on out, Judy.

Judy: (whispers to Nick) Take the case. You and Mike get it to Bogo.

Nick: (whispers) I'm not gonna leave you behind, that's not happening.

Judy: I can't walk!

Nick: Just... We'll think of something.

Mike sneaks around as he gets to them both before Bellwether could. He makes a few motions with his hands. Perfect plan. The two gasp as Bellwether and her rams enter the restricted area. Bellwether tries to get Judy to surrender.