Taking it easy

Patrick sat by the hospital's bench along the hallway, his head was facing down covered by his hands.. Casey came along and sat beside him rubbing his back

Casey: I just heard the news, cheer up Pat 🥺
Patrick: how? She doesn't even remembers me.. my soul just literally fell into a deep dark hole..
Casey: we need to be positive for her sake, the doc said this is a rare type of case.. and most of them recovers their memories.. Vera is strong.. I'm sure she'll remember you..
Patrick: then what am I supposed to do in the meantime..
Casey: well since she couldn't remember anything.. this is your chance to rewrite both your stories.. make her fall for you again..
Patrick: how?
Casey: I'm sure you'll think of something.. but in the meantime I suggest you put some tracking app on her phone.. just be careful we don't want her being completely lost don't we?
Patrick: you're right..
(He hugs her and thank her.. as they stood the doctor just went out of Vera's room)
Doctor: Mr. Wilson..
Patrick: yeah?
Doctor: she's going to be released today.. does she have any close relatives that she can stay for a while?
Patrick: not that I know of.. is it ok if she  stay with me, I'm her fiancee..
Doctor: sure.. but I must tell you.. she's gonna be a handful.. so you might wanna keep a close eye on her..
Patrick: will do..
Casey: I'll drive you both..
(They went in Vera's room and gather all her stuff.. she was sitting by the bed)
Casey: I'll take this, I'll meet you both by the car..
(Casey went out to give them some room to talk)
Vera: so I heard that I'm staying with you?
Patrick: uhh yeah.. we don't know who to call so...
Vera: may I ask what's your name again?
Patrick: it's Patrick.. (he says as the pain strikes his heart)
Vera: hmmmm.. look Patrick.. I ummm.. I don't want to cause any burden to you.. so if it's ok to you I would like to leave?
Patrick: we are leaving..
Vera: no I mean like separate ways..
Patrick: then where will you go?
Vera: I don't know.. home I guess..
Patrick: well.. I cant let you do that not until I make sure you're fully ok.. so..
Vera: ohhh.. so I guess I'll be stuck with you for a while.. 😔let's go?
Patrick: after you..🥺
(Vera walks ahead of him.. as he walk a lil slower letting his emotions run through his head.. as they arrive to his house.. Casey help them settled in.. Patrick showed Vera where she will be sleeping.. she locks the door and decided not to come out)
Casey: it'll be over soon pat.. this is just new to her.. just give her a chance to settle in..
Patrick: I guess you're right.. thanks for everything.. I'll call if I need anything..
Casey: byee..
(And off Casey go.. Patrick went inside feeling the quiet and lonely house.. since vera doesn't wanna come out.. he just went to make some dinner for them.. he was by the kitchen cooking when she decided to walk downstairs)
Patrick: oh hey.. I was just making us some dinner.. you hungry?
Vera: a lil.. hahaha.. may I sit down?
Patrick: yes..
Vera: so whatchu making?
Patrick: ohh.. some sauce for the pasta.. haha family recipe..
Vera: hmmmm.. can I have a taste?
(Patrick hands her the spoon full of sauce)
Patrick: wait.. it's hot.. lemme just blow it for you.. (he took the spoon near his mouth and blow on it..) here..
(Vera took the spoon and have a taste)
Patrick: so?
Vera: hmmmm.. it's missing something..
Patrick &Vera: Pepper!?
(Both of them laugh)
Patrick: I knew I'm forgetting something.. hahaha Grannie's gonna kill me hahaha.. oh wait you have a lil something over here..
(He reached his hand out and wipe the extra sauce left by the corner of her mouth.. and put it by his mouth)

 and put it by his mouth)

Patrick: you're right.. more peppers..
(Vera turn around and blush.. even though she doesn't fully know this man but.. something bout him seems to familiar to her.. she felt butterflies in her stomach like somehow his actions affects her)
Patrick: you ok?
Vera: ahh.. yeah.. hahaha🤭
Patrick: there some muffins by the fridge if you want some..
Vera: ohhh.. thanks..
(She took one from the fridge)
Vera: would you like a bite?
Patrick: sure.. I'll get one later..
Vera: oh here you can some of mine..
Patrick: it's ok.. you can eat it.. it's your's I can't---
Vera: nonsense.. open up
(She took a small piece to her hand and feed it to him)
Patrick: ohhh.. hahaha tnx.. 🤭
(Vera giggled as she shove the muffin to his mouth.. and then she stop.. and look at him directly in the eyes)
Vera: your face is very familiar to me.. I just can't put my finger to it..
Patrick: well you are actually.. hahaha your fingers are all over my face and also the chocolate..
Vera: oh I'm sorry let me get that..
Patrick: no it's ok I got it.. hahaha
(As both Patrick and Vera reaches for the towel both their hand touch.. and they didn't even notice how close they are standing on each other with faces nearly centimeters away, Patrick holds her face studying what her eyes say)

 and they didn't even notice how close they are standing on each other with faces nearly centimeters away, Patrick holds her face studying what her eyes say)

Vera: Ummmm.. Patrick?(*bites lips)
Patrick: yeah?
Vera: the sauce is burning
Patrick: the what?
Vera: the sauce is burning..
Patrick: ohhh the sauce.. oh shit.. ahhhh..
Vera: careful it's hot..
Patrick: ohhhh..crap!!!
(He almost let go of the pot luckily Vera was quick to put in by the counter)
Vera: are you ok?lemme see?
Patrick: no it's fine.. it's fine..
Vera: no it's not.. lemme see..
(She pulls his hand and take a good look.. it was starting to get red, she act quickly and put it by cold running water.. Patrick felt touch by her actions.. even though she can't remember him, the way she cares is enough to let him know that she'll be back to him soon)

Will the old Vera be back?
Or is Patrick need to get use to the new her?