sᴇᴘᴛ

The Read-Thru!

The Read-Thru!

───── ✩⋆ ─────

THE NEWLY CASTED Ryan Evans also known as Belle Allens walked into the bomb shelter with her best friend, Railey who was still grumbling about her parents not letting her have any fun and something about a dog. Belle placed her bag on the nearest chair and looked at Railey.

"Railey, I get it. You had a bad morning and you hate your parents but now can we focus on her part in this musical?"

Railey grimaced and nodded. "Yeah, but you know what will make me feel better?"

"You are gonna tell me one way or another."

"Details on how you and Ricky got together and why you didn't tell me." she crossed her arms. "I'm supposed to be your best friend."

"And you are." Belle rolled her eyes. "It's um, it's just, Ric and I wanted to keep it a secret for a while but then he blurted it to Nini and then Carlos heard him, resulting in revelation of the secret."

It pained her to lie to Railey but she couldn't tell her. She just couldn't. Something inside her was stopping her.

"Hey," Nini said from behind Belle. The blonde girl turned around and smiled at the girl before her smile fell seeing Nini's serious face. "So . . . when were you thinking about telling it?"

Belle licked her lips, rubbing the back of her ear nervously. "So sorry, Neens. I swear I had no intention of doing this to you. I just —"

"I understand." She smiled but Belle could see it was fake. "You two got closer when I wasn't around. I would've just felt a little better if you had told me yourself."

"I'm sorry."

"It's alright." She bit her lip before walking away from the girls.

Kourtney who was standing behind Nini walked forward and sighed. "As much as I hate to say it, you and Ricky do look cute. And you are my friend so I'll warn you be careful of the boy. It's like he repeals commitment."

Belle nodded. "Thanks for the advice, Kourt. And uh, Nini . . ."

"She'll come around. She just needs time." She smiled at the blonde girl and placed a hand on her shoulder before going after Nini.

The blonde girl exhaled a breath she didn't know she was holding. Railey turned to look at Nini and Kourtney talking in one corner and slowly whistled. "That was one of the most awkward interactions I was ever part of."

"You didn't even say anything."

She shrugged. "Still counts."

Belle shook her head. "Let's just go to our seat." She waved at the brunette before walking to her seat that had a paper name plate saying, Ryan Evans. She quickly took her script and started reading her lines waiting for everyone else to settle down as well.