ɴᴇᴜғ

Calls and Cupcakes!

Calls and Cupcakes!

───── ✩⋆ ─────

BELLE SAT ON the steps near the bomb shelter swiping through old photos on her phone. It was of her dad and her both of them happy and celebrating her tenth birthday. He had shown up to Utah to surprise a week before the girl but she hadn't talked to him until her actual birthday because he had also brought his new wife and daughter.

That was the last birthday Belle had celebrated her birthday with him and her mom, adding the woman her dad was married to, and the daughter who Belle was half-sisters with, but at that moment Belle didn't care about the extra member. That was last time she had seen her family together. Last time her home near Ricky's was full.

The very next day of her birthday Her Dad flew back to London and a week later her mom went on her first fashion tour all over America leaving Belle in the care of a nanny. Then when she turned ten her mom completely shifted to New York.

"Call him." Ricky's voice said making Belle turn around to see him standing next to her. He bent down to sit next to her and took her phone from her hands and opened contacts tapping 'Dad' contact. The number along with a photo of her dad came on the screen.

Ricky gave her the phone back and raised his hand to her cheek wiping a stray tear she didn't even know she had shed. "Whenever you feel like it. Just call him. He might be waiting for your call."

"I highly doubt that." She whispered resting her head on his shoulder and looking down at the screen. "Plus, it's like ten at night there. He might be sleeping. I'll just wish him belated birthday later."

"No, you won't." he wrapped his arm around her shoulders and rubbed her arm up and down to calm her. "You know you won't. Just give him a call and wish him. You don't even have to make small talk if you don't wanna. But at least wish him."

"I'll text —"

"Belle."

She sighed. "Fine. I'll call."

Ricky smiled and softly kissed the crown of her head before getting up and turning to look at her. "Carlos said that we are going to practice the bows — whatever that means. I'll tell him that you'll be a little late. You take your time."

Belle nodded and looked down at her screen as Ricky walked into the bomb shelter. Her thumb hovered the button for a couple of minutes before she sighed and pressed the damn button.

She pressed the phone against her ear nervously chewing on her lower lip. Belle might have spent her whole summer in London, but she was not with her father.

She didn't want to see him treating his new family like a family, a family she wasn't part of. So, the blonde left the house early in the morning before anyone from the family was awake and only came back after dinner. Even if when they had movie night Belle made some excuse and went to her room, facetiming Ricky until she fell asleep. He was the reason she went to London, he wanted her to 'bond' with her dad.