ᴏɴᴢᴇ

Interruptions and Old Phones!

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

The brunet boy took a step towards Belle but he didn't know how his legs got all wobbly and he slightly stumbled. Ricky caught the nearest thing next to him to gain composure but that made noise making Belle look at him.

The girl blinked uncontrollably looking at Ricky. His face was so flushed Belle was pretty sure he had run around the school at least thrice. She softly chuckled at his shocked expressions.

"Ric." She softly said with a smile. "What are you —?"

"Miss Jenn . . ." he mumbled interrupting her. "She, uh, she asked to see everyone, um, uh, in the bomb shelter."

She nodded. "How much did you hear?"

"Whole thing." Ricky smiled awkwardly. She nodded before putting her book in her bag and getting up from the bench.

She walked towards him, her brows furrowing a little looking at Ricky in concern. "You okay?"

"Y-yeah. Why?" Ricky said standing straight again.

She shrugged. "I don't know, you just, you look like you are hyperventilating."

He shook his head. "It was just your song. Not that it was bad. It was amazing. The best song I heard today. Wait, that's not fair to Ashlyn. But the song was really great. I —"

"Ric." She interrupted his rant laughing a little. "I get it." she smiled.

That smile. Ricky's heartbeat was so strong he was sure Belle could hear it right now. Blood was pounding in his ears. What was going on with him?

Ricky looked into Belle's eyes as she smiled at him. Her ocean blue eyes. She looked into his eyes too as Ricky's eye flickered to her lips unconsciously. His lips parted a little as he looked back into her eyes. He really wanted to kiss her right now.

Belle looked into Ricky's eyes confused about what was going on. She had never felt anything like that. Her heart was beating fast but she had no clue why. Her heart had especially picked up when Ricky's eyes fluttered to her lips. She looked into his eyes for a long time as if she was trying to read what he wanted, or what was going to happen next. Were they going to kiss?

Her smile was gone but she still looked gorgeous to the boy.

Ricky started to lean in a little bit slowly, waiting for her to do that same but she just stayed there still trying to process what was going to happen.

When Belle didn't lean in Ricky realized, she didn't want to kiss him, he slowly started to lean back when but then Belle started to lean in a little too. It was weird at first but Belle felt this sudden urge to kiss Ricky. An urge she didn't know how to fight.