ǫᴜᴀᴛᴏʀᴢᴇ

Block Rehearsals and Strange Behaviors!

───── ✩⋆ ─────

BELLE EXPECTED A LOT of things to happen that day, what she didn't expect was being an eyewitness to EJ and Nini's breakup. She was mad at him too but she never thought Nini would go to the lengths of breaking up with him.

"Could we not do this right now, please?" Nini said descending the steps to the bomb shelter. Belle along with Ashlyn and Big Red waited in front of the doors of the bomb shelter. Natalia, Gina, and Carlos were inside looking for a mouse, as Ashlyn told the blonde when she asked why to wait outside.

"Do what? Are you mad at me?" EJ asked stopping in front of her. "You're mad at me. Look, there was no fitting at lunch."

"Fine. Wanna know where I was at lunch?" Nini snapped at the dark-haired boy. "I was at the computer lab, bribing some hacker to crack into my phone to recover a message you deleted when you stole it."

"Wait. Why do you think that I —"

"Oh, please." She interrupted. "Gina's not the wonderstudy I need to worry about, is she?"

"Can we talk about this over the . . ." EJ said glancing at the others and trying to pull Nini to a side away from others.

"Don't," she said pulling her hand away from his.

"Nini, I was spiraling, okay?" he sighed licking his lips in nervousness. "I said I love you and couldn't say it back. Hey, you said it to Ricky, now I see the way he looks at you . . . I know you guys have more history —"

"Yeah. He'd never steal my phone." She crossed her arms.

"I told you so," Belle mumbled to herself. Big Red looked at her in confusion whereas Ashlyn just shrugged knowing what Belle meant.

"No, I know, he just leaves sad-face messages on it asking if you shared a moment over a song."

"That message was for Belle! He sent it to me by mistake! And don't make this about Ricky!"

"That is what this is about. I'm trying to hold onto what we had over the summer."

"Yeah, I was too," Nini said scowling at the boy. "But you know what? Summer's over." She turned on her heels leaving EJ behind who looked at Nini like a helpless puppy at the moment. She walked to Ashlyn. "Hey, is the door locked or something? Why can't we get in?"

"Oh," Ashlyn said looking from EJ to her. "Natalia Bagley's missing her emotional-support hamster. He got loose."

Belle nodded. "Carlos and Gina are helping her find her," Belle added. "Or him. It. Whatever that thing gender is." A shrill scream erupted from behind the door making Belle wince. "I think they just found the thing."